Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PCM Sports - What gives?

There are many sellers who do this - so PCM is not exclusive, but this auction sums up why I do not trust many dealers in the bat collecting hobby. The auction is for a GAME USED Brett Wallace bat (Major Cards prospect), but the description notes that the bat has no use - just a couple of grass stains on the top of the barrel...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Wallace-Si...3A1%7C294%3A50

The bat is signed and has their hologram and is listed for a starting bid of $99. The question is -

Why falsely advertise a bat as game used and switch it to unused in the description? Are you counting on newbies to not read the entire listing before snatching it up as a 'bargain'?

Again, I've about had it with these big dealers and 'auction houses' - I'll stick to the guys on this board who I trust. If I lose a few that I need, so be it.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: PCM Sports - What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Strictly to get more people finding it in a Search as "Game Used" is a major search.

eBay will remove a listing like that if it is reported for deceptive search
    I just noticed that Brett Wallace inscribed it "Game Used". What's up with that?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

No response from PCM seems to tell the story.

Purchased "game used" gloves from these fellas that were stiff as boards and showed no game use. Had player sign it as game used. Used this as their explanation of game use.

Guys, I am not going to make excuses for their lack of response, or using the term "game used" so lightly. Though I will say that Scott is a VERY nice guy and that I recieved a game used glove that came from them, that is straight up disgusting and shows TONS of use. I also dealt with them to get a pair of cleats and hat and the deal was smooth, and the equipment was GREAT again. Just my input.

Exclamation Re: PCM Sports - What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    Guys, I am not going to make excuses for their lack of response, or using the term "game used" so lightly. Though I will say that Scott is a VERY nice guy and that I recieved a game used glove that came from them, that is straight up disgusting and shows TONS of use. I also dealt with them to get a pair of cleats and hat and the deal was smooth, and the equipment was GREAT again. Just my input.
    Can you scan the game-used fielder's glove. Any time someone says "disgusting" and "glove" in the same sentence, I have to see it!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

maybe its a strike out bat
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    I actually emailed Chris Cavalier after I posted my 1st post to delete it as I saw afterwards the "Game Used" inscription from the player so based on that I guess it would be game used so my thoughts are that there could be a few explanations on why the bat was so clean and there is only a grass stain like:

maybe its a strike out bat
    I have also purchased from Scott and he has some really nice stuff.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I have also purchased from Scott and he has some really nice stuff.[/quote]

I agree the seller has nice items. Only referring to the bat on topic.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Frik,

I do not want to hijack bigtrucks post here with pics. I put pics of the Aramis Ramirez glove in the "Lets see your gloves" post a couple weeks back. Here is the link

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=22234&page=5

Here is our official reply to bat gate:

First off, we want to thank all our loyal buyer for standing up and letting people know about the quality of our items. Next, we want to apologize to BigTruck for the emotional damage we seemed to have caused him by having to make that extra click on ebay to see the entire listing. I realize that this took some time and effort away from playing with his "big truck" (most likely a name to over compensate for a tiny compact, but i digress).

We are a very upstanding company. The player told us it was game used and signed it and inscribed it game used. We then took it upon ourselves to be upfront and let you all know that the bat showed limited to no game use. If we are wrong for being so honest, i again apologize. If anyone has any questions on game used items, we are always willing to help. When we get stupid emails from morons upset because they actually had to read the entire listing and could not just bid on an item off the small alloted space we are allowed for the auction listing, we ignore those emails because we only want educated customers not just any tom, dick, or bigtruck.

In closing, again, we apologize to BigTruck and will expect a thank you note from his therapist because we are sure that this whole thing has sent him running back for a visit.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

PCM Sports