Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steiner customer service - not impressed so far

Several days ago, I spotted a Steiner auction for an item that I liked. The auction photo said that it was just a representative pic and not of the actual item (well now, that's just stupid).

I emailed them through their site and asked for pics of the actual item that I was bidding on - no response.

The next day, I called and left a voicemail for someone - no response.

The next day, I bid and won the item but didnt want to pay with my credit card. Per their website, I sent an email asking how to make an alternate form of payment - no response.

2 days later, I get an email saying that I won the auction. I replied back asking for the grand total and how I go about making an alternate payment - no response.

This afternoon I called again, and got a live girl on the phone. I asked to speak to someone in the auction department. She transferred me to someone's voicemail where I left a message - no response.

What gives?

Re: Steiner customer service - not impressed so far

talk to my guy corey keyes 914-307-1112.cool guy and he'll take care of you.

Thumbs up Re: Steiner customer service - not impressed so far

And I thought they were just ignoring me. I've made orders online where it was in stock and have waited weeks for my item only to final call and have them tell me it was out of stock. Now why couldn't they have called me to tell me that. These were high priced items too. I guess they don't want my business.

Quote Originally Posted by raider1088 View Post
    talk to my guy corey keyes 914-307-1112.cool guy and he'll take care of you.
    I had 2 amazing reps at Steiner--Bob Malandro and Phil Reese. Bob handled my game used sales and Phil handled my memorabilia sales. In the good times, I was spending consistently over $10,000 a month.

Both guys are no longer at Steiner. Both guys really knew how to take care of their customers. I consider both of them to be friends and lucky enough to still be in touch with them in their lives after Steiner!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I had 2 amazing reps at Steiner--Bob Malandro and Phil Reese. Bob handled my game used sales and Phil handled my memorabilia sales. In the good times, I was spending consistently over $10,000 a month.

Both guys are no longer at Steiner. Both guys really knew how to take care of their customers. I consider both of them to be friends and lucky enough to still be in touch with them in their lives after Steiner!
    Agreed, Andrew. Service is nothing like it used to be, so now most of my business goes elsewhere.
    R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.

Does anyone have a Steiner numberederd Hologram that actually works in the Steiner data base? Seems like once an item leaves Steiner they have no clue as to what it was. That must be why MLB holo's are now on some of their most recent items, along with the useless $teiner stickers.

LB

Their customer service has been great for me. I also use Corey keyes and he is very nice and helps out alot.

Quote Originally Posted by larry bourget View Post
    Does anyone have a Steiner numberederd Hologram that actually works in the Steiner data base? Seems like once an item leaves Steiner they have no clue as to what it was. That must be why MLB holo's are now on some of their most recent items, along with the useless $teiner stickers.

LB
    Larry,

I could be completely wrong on this, but I believe I was trying to lookup one of my holograms (which was not found), and I read on their site that there was a fee to have a holo added to the system. Again, I could be wrong.

Mark

Efrain's good.

I agree on Efrain
    Very accessible and very responsible
    I have found that within the past 4 weeks auction itmes have been shipping in record time
    i usually receive them within 48 hours
    pjb