Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT - AROD admits steroid use

I'm glad to see Arod admit to it and take responsibility. I'm even more impressed that he could have easily said he only used them in 2003. Yet, he admits from 2001-2003.

While there will be many differences of opinion on Arod's admission, I am one Arod fan that I can say I'm glad he did so, and I'm still proud to be an Arod fan.

Regards, Tony

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Glad to see him man up but people are crazy if you believe that he all of a sudden stopped using them. Why??? because his numbers were awesome??? He got caught using steroids but why wouldn't he just switch to something undetectable like HGH??? It will not just go away- he was held in too high regard by too many people for it to be to be brushed aside. Can you imagine the scene at Fenway???
    k
    Well me personally I do not think he actually stopped but to debate your comment of why people may think he had stopped was because his numbers did drop a bit on the Yankees from his time with the rangers.

Hr's while with the Rangers

Hr's while with the Yankees

Just giving a comparison

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1986&2004Bosox View Post
    Canseco was the only honest one in thhe bunch. We should stop collecting, stop watching, and make these over paid pampered millionaires get real jobs. I we didn't go to the games they would not be paid millions. Why cant we just stay away?
    I am not sure if this comment was a joke or serious

But since there was no mention of this being for amusement I will take it as you were being serious

Now in a sarcastic tone - ARE YOU SERIOUS??? HONEST ONE OF THE BUNCH????

He was the one who set it off!! Cheated the game for years. Cheated the fans for years!! Then decides to write a book about ratting all the players who he felt he knew who did roids/hgh so he can get back into the spotlight and make one last stretch of making some more money.

I am not sure what part you feel makes him so honest!!

Kellsox,
    Can you imagine the scene at yankee stadium when David Ortiz is one of the other 103 names on that list.

But i think the funniest thing would be if Curt Schilling was on the list, a guy bashing people about taking steroids and then come to fact he took them.

Glad to see Arod came clean.

I always suspected Nomar of using roids, what do you guys think.

Hey, someone hurry up and sign Manny so he has a chance at being the next "steroid free" HR king!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Talking Re: OT - AROD admits steroid use

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I'm glad to see Arod admit to it and take responsibility. I'm even more impressed that he could have easily said he only used them in 2003. Yet, he admits from 2001-2003.

While there will be many differences of opinion on Arod's admission, I am one Arod fan that I can say I'm glad he did so, and I'm still proud to be an Arod fan.

Regards, Tony
    I didn't even have to post. Eloquently said Tony.

For those who think Arod was using after the Rangers.....you gotta be nutz. With all the testing going on, do you really think in '07 he was dumb enough to take this stuff while pissing in a cup every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Kellsox,
    Can you imagine the scene at yankee stadium when David Ortiz is one of the other 103 names on that list.

But i think the funniest thing would be if Curt Schilling was on the list, a guy bashing people about taking steroids and then come to fact he took them.
    I doubt Shillings name will be on their, he's lobbying for the entire list of 104 to be released. But I'm sure there will be some Red Sox names on there.

Arod's response was carefully orchestrated. He knew he couldn't say I did it one time. I give him credit for coming clean, but there is no way he only took them with the Rangers. He said he took them because of the pressure with the Rangers contract, if anything he is under greater pressure in NY. The guy is a tool and its all about image. If McGwire, Clemens, Bonds are not in Cooperstown neither will be ARod. I just think they all deserve to be in, they were the best of the steroid era.

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Glad to see Arod came clean.

I always suspected Nomar of using roids, what do you guys think.

Hey, someone hurry up and sign Manny so he has a chance at being the next "steroid free" HR king!
    Nomar for sure, rumors have circulating for a while. Manny, guilty! I would bet anything Manny's on the juice. Funny thing though Bonds wasn't even one of the 104 names on the list. It wasn't until they tested his urine for the third time they found any trace of steroids. Unless they are specifically checking for a particular steroid, these new designer steroids are difficult to detect. Just look at Manny compared to when he came into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Funny thing though Bonds wasn't even one of the 104 names on the list.
    How do you know this, do you have the list?