Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT - AROD admits steroid use

He probably thought he had to do steriods so he could carry Texas on his back because of how bad they were
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    How do you know this, do you have the list?

It was posted in the SF Chronicle yesterday and even heard it on ESPN. The whole reason the list was matched up to the samples was because of Balco. The Feds said they were investigating the samples to see if Bonds failed the test. They initially stated he had passed the test, but when they rtested the urine sample they found traces of THG and another designer steroid.

Just something for everyone to think about.

Go stand in front of a mirror. Now reflect on your life. Look at yourself. Have you ever done anything wrong? Have you ever cheated at anything? Ever lied?

Enough said!

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

Go stand in front of a mirror. Now reflect on your life. Look at yourself. Have you ever done anything wrong? Have you ever cheated at anything? Ever lied?

Enough said!
    AMEN to that!

Enough said!

Tony the only sad thing is he new he took it and flatly denied it several times. The only reason he would of ever admitted it, was because he caught. Lets be honest he would of kept this dirty secret forever. He didn't man up, and watched all of these others take the plunge.

With your military background and after reading your post, You sound like a very stand up guy. I doubt you would ever let a teammate go down or not take responsability for your actions. Thats just my opinion.

Enough said!
    Arod(and many others in baseball) cheated and lied- to improve their job performance and subsequent fat pay-days. If a prospective teacher/policeman/etc.. cheats on his/her certification exams and it is found out later that they did so(after working successfully at a job for years), what is the likelihood of them working in that profession again? Arod's and other's lies effect many, many people- specifically in their line of work- other players- front office people- advertisers- the list goes on forever.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Tony the only sad thing is he new he took it and flatly denied it several times. The only reason he would of ever admitted it, was because he caught. Lets be honest he would of kept this dirty secret forever. He didn't man up, and watched all of these others take the plunge.

With your military background and after reading your post, You sound like a very stand up guy. I doubt you would ever let a teammate go down or not take responsability for your actions. Thats just my opinion.
    Been there and done that myself. I've lied and held my ground until I got caught and had no other choice but to admit it. I believe many of us have done that.

With Arod, I'm disappointed he used. I don't believe he need it. I do feel betrayed as an Arod fan.

However, we all know many, many players during this period used. Many will go undetected. Hey, where's Brady Anderson (50 HR season).

We all agree this is sad. But, it is what it is.

Myself, I want to move on. Arod will pay the price. We will never forget. I'll just see what he does with it from here.

Regards, Tony

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Funny thing though Bonds wasn't even one of the 104 names on the list. .

Send me a copy of the list since you know so much. Then you will be able to enlighten all of us. Read an article, not just the headline.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Kellsox,
    Can you imagine the scene at yankee stadium when David Ortiz is one of the other 103 names on that list.

But i think the funniest thing would be if Curt Schilling was on the list, a guy bashing people about taking steroids and then come to fact he took them.
    There are no names in baseball that would surprise me if they were on that list(including red sox). Would I be disappointed if some of my favorite players tested positive- sure. I don't think I'd sit there and try to defend them or deflect criticism by throwing bombs out about other players/teams. The game is littered with speculation about hundreds of players but the fact is Arod is a proven and admitted user.

“They are looking in the wrong places,” Canseco said in a text message to The Associated Press. “This is a 25-year cover-up. The true criminals are Gene Orza, (union head) Donald Fehr and (commissioner) Bud (Selig). Investigate them, and you will have all the answers.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns