Quote Originally Posted by nick1980 View Post
My understanding of what he was trying to say is we don't * the Babe Ruths just because they faced $hitty pitchers do we? The game was totally different back then but there records still stand. I don't condone using steroids in anyway but it is what it is. Like said above before they allowed minorities to play we didn't * players, obviously baseball is much more competitive with minorities playing and who knows Babe Ruth might have been a nobody if he had some serious competition in his day???
nick1980 and shubert1970,

As I am relatively new here, I want to thank you both for enlightening me to the fact that this is not the place to have a cerebral discussion about.....well, ANYTHING.

I will be sure to remember that when I post in the future, and would expect to receive feedback on the level of both of yours.

By the way, Babe Ruth faced the best pitching on a concentrated basis, because there were only a dozen or so teams in the sport back then. That means he wasn't facing watered-down pitching talent.....only the best.

And in regards to other comments about spit-balls, pitchers scuffing the balls up, hell, even corked bats (my add-in), these are things that are all considered "incidentals" of the game, and have always been a part of it. They are inbred into the fabric of the game. Is it realistic to think they had an overwheming effect on the outcome of the record books like steroid use has?

Whatever.....the silliness of arguing any points here is futile. Later.