Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

OT - AROD admits steroid use

Arod admitted today to ESPN that he has used steroids from 2001 - 2003. Now that he has admitted this, does this go away for him like it did for Pettite, or is the storm only gaining steam?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29068677/
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Re: OT - AROD admits steroid use

I know he won't but if i was him i would just hang up my cleats.

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I know he won't but if i was him i would just hang up my cleats.
    Why would he or should he? Giambi hasn't. Multiple lesser known players have come back from their suspensions for testing positive to resume their baseball careers. Hamilton has come back from major drug addictions. Howe continued to play aftyer being busted (banned) numerous times for cocaine use. Saying he should "hang them up" is more than juvenile.

Personally, I'm glad to see him man up and face the music. It won't be easy and many more will hate him than did before.

But he made the right choice....admitting to his mistakes.

That said, I wish him the best of luck. He's still a great player in my eyes.

I am still not a AROD fan, but I am happy to hear he's owning up to his mistake's!!!

I believe he made the right choice in admitting to his mistakes. Obviously, a player like Rodriguez's caliber is going to get more scrutiny than that of say a Giambi or Pettite but I believe over time we can forgive him and move on. There's no doubt hundreds of players used during this time period and I personally think its unfair that Rodriguez's name was thrown out there while the rest of them remain confidential. You don't hear anything about Joe Schmo's name "leaking."

Glad to see him man up but people are crazy if you believe that he all of a sudden stopped using them. Why??? because his numbers were awesome??? He got caught using steroids but why wouldn't he just switch to something undetectable like HGH??? It will not just go away- he was held in too high regard by too many people for it to be to be brushed aside. Can you imagine the scene at Fenway???
    k

He boldly lied on National TV in the Katie Couric interview, he is a cheater, womanizer and fraud and we are all lemmings to keep spending money on their crap. We make millionaires richer buy spending an outrageous amount of money on their autographs and collectibles why? Anyone ever think about how much time and money we have spent on this stuff that could have been better spent with our family or put aside for a rainy day. To me this is the straw that broke the camels back. Canseco was the only honest one in thhe bunch. We should stop collecting, stop watching, and make these over paid pampered millionaires get real jobs. I we didn't go to the games they would not be paid millions. Why cant we just stay away?

I don't blame him

If I was playing for the Rangers at the time I would have done drugs too
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by 1986&2004Bosox View Post
    He boldly lied on National TV in the Katie Couric interview, he is a cheater, womanizer and fraud and we are all lemmings to keep spending money on their crap. We make millionaires richer buy spending an outrageous amount of money on their autographs and collectibles why? Anyone ever think about how much time and money we have spent on this stuff that could have been better spent with our family or put aside for a rainy day. To me this is the straw that broke the camels back. Canseco was the only honest one in thhe bunch. We should stop collecting, stop watching, and make these over paid pampered millionaires get real jobs. I we didn't go to the games they would not be paid millions. Why cant we just stay away?
    The same could be said about many, many hobbies and their hobbyists.

As I said in another post, I blame Selig and the MLB. They needed to drop the hammer on this years ago. They failed. We are where we are today because of it.

If you let your kid get away with stealing once, why would he have any reason to stop?

Same thing goes with MLB and steroid use. They danced around the issues for years while slightly punishing a few no names and trying to protect their biggest attractions.

They need to clean house, get a new commissioner and begin anew. Strict testing needs to be in place with extremely harsh punishments for those that test positive.

I would propose the following punishments as a deterrent from using PED's.

Punishments for positive test results:
    Strike 1 - 1 year suspension from the game.
    Strike 2 - 5 year suspension from the game.
    Strike 3 - Lifetime ban from the game.

I guarantee nobody would want to be caught the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986&2004Bosox View Post
    I[f] we didn't go to the games they would not be paid millions. Why cant we just stay away?
    Because we are addicts just like them!!! Only our drug of choice doesn't go in our bodies... we just love to watch it on a sunny summer day...

As far as A-Rod, I am amazed he came clean, but it doesn't change the fact that he LIED (to Katie Couric) and has always been more concerned with himself than those around him.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds... and I wish and hope they will release the rest of the names...