Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Chris Boyd's Business Practices - Part Deux

For the 3rd, and hopefully final thread..... You guys need to get yourselves a room.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    So - make this clear to me, how is this jersey from someone in California? The jersey is from someone in Colorado. You told me it was from a friened of Jeff's in California so you could get more dinero from me. How am I confused?
    Damn, you are confusing me. Let me make clear since I mixed my states - You have jersey from person in Colorado. You do NOT have jersey from person in California. How does a state the jersey passed through have any relevance to the jersey. You have a game used Bagwell jersey from an Astros clubhouse sourse. End of story.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    For the 3rd, and hopefully final thread..... You guys need to get yourselves a room.
    Nate,

Thanks for helping ease my headache by making me want to vomit!

Banned

Sorry, got my states mixed up. Might be the massive headache I have. Instead of the major news headline being "Arod admits using Steroids," the headline should read "Leslie feels cheated and FORCED to Buy Jersey."

I meant to say

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Leslie,

I don't need the collector in CO to vouch for it. I will vouch for it. Your jersey is not from a friend in California. You do in fact have a jersey from someone in COLORADO. Strange how all of a sudden you care more about what state the jersey is from over the fact you have a Bagwell game worn jersey.

Do I need Jim Pankovits to come on here and tell you that he gave Chris Boyd a bat over the dugout in 1987?
    Jim Pankovits lives nearby me. I'm sure that if I asked him, he'd clear all this up.....

Leslie, whatever the issue is between you two, should remain between you two. You OBVIOUSLY didnt do your research and paid more for something than just about anyone here would have. I dont know Chris, but as a fellow business owner, kudos to him for turning a profit. If he can get a tremendous price for an item and you dont question it or refuse the item at the price stipulated, then quite honestly that's your fault for not doing your homework. You should research dealers first and have some idea what you're buying and whether its a "fair market price".

You seem to have this thing where you come on here whining about something every few weeks. I collect NY Giants stuff and they tanked in the playoffs. I collect Washington Nationals stuff and they cant even play .500 ball. I've got lots of reasons to complain about the stuff I bought but I dont because I'm happy with my collection.

Please, for the sanity of everyone here, give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    A TRUE indication of provenance will enhance fair market value which is why items on MLB Auctions and NFL Auctions appear to sell for large premiums.

Not everyone will disclose their true sources for an honest provenance and my favorite blanket statement is 99% of our items come direct from the player----if you hear that----think twice.
    Well, and also because it's frickin' amateur hour over at MLB.com. That's why I hate charity auctions: things wind up going for far more than they're worth (or far more than I can afford, which is the same thing to me!).

Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

Having read both threads pertaining to the Chris Boyd - Les Zukor dealings, it seems pretty clear that someone has a bit of buyer's remorse.

I think one thing that a lot of people are missing is that every game used item is unique and special, therefore it is not always easy to determine fair market value.

Also, sports memorabilia is an extremely volatile market. How many people do you think bought an Alex Rodriguez item one week ago and regret it a little bit now?

Sorry, got my states mixed up. Might be the massive headache I have. Instead of the major news headline being "Arod admits using Steroids," the headline should read "Leslie feels cheated and FORCED to Buy Jersey."

I meant to say
    Now, you are mocking me. Chris - you and A-Rod have something in common. Both of you lied when there was something in it for you. I just received another email about your business practices, and another person is disgusted but won't say anything on the forum. You get your money in life from cheating and indimidating people.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

And another thing: if buyers are gonna be stupid, it's not the seller's responsibility to say to them "you know you're seriously overpaying for this item".
    I had an eBay sale once that I refer to as "the Miracle of __________" (player's name not revealed to protect the buyer). A common G/U road jersey that went for waaaaaaaaaaay more than I thought it would. Did I tell that buyer that I'd give it to him for less because I thought he was "over paying"? Hell, no! No more so than any buyer has offered to make up the difference for me when I was selling an item at a loss.
    S*** happens. Do your homework.
    And if you're a seller: don't be a Schrutebag.
    Thanks.

Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

Jeez, end the drama. Considering a refund after all of this would be ludicrous.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com