Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Mr.3000

Re: Chris Boyd's Business Practices - Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    What I don't understand is why fair market value for my jersey last February was $2500-$3500. Then, in Chris Boyd's words, today "fair market value" is $1200. Does a Bagwell jersey lose 2/3 its value in one year? Or did Chris rip me off?
    Neither Leslie.

You both agreed on a price and you paid it. Hind sight is 20/20. And for the umpteenth time..."fair market value" is extremely subjective. It's what a buyer is willing to pay. You agreed to pay a certain price, you set the value for that item. Just because an identical item sells for less does not make you entitled to a refund...partial or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post
    If I am coming off as too harsh, perhaps it's because of the ridiculousness of your demands and complaints.....in this thread and many others.
    My only demand is that people act fairly and ethically. And that they be held accountable for their actions. If that is ridiculous, then I am saddened by your definition of what fairness is. I sometimes wonder why I waste time with people who don't share my sense of what moral is.

The problem is that people in our society can get away with whatever they want and not be held accountable. A-Rod can get away with cheating, because he's only human. We forgive rich athletes for anything. And Chris would be able to get away with anything, because he has more money than I do.

Lying, misrepresenting one's sources, etc. are all wrong actions! Thank goodness that not everyone in this world is like Chris Boyd. Perhaps I was naive to believe that Chris Boyd could become fair and ethical and not have business practices that are immoral.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

What I don't understand is why fair market value for my jersey last February was $2500-$3500. Then, in Chris Boyd's words, today "fair market value" is $1200. Does a Bagwell jersey lose 2/3 its value in one year? Or did Chris rip me off?
    The answer is yes! You bought the jersey at a price you agreed upon. Now you would pay $1200. So yes, the value dropped. Btw, $1200 for a Bagwell is high.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Although everyone has made good points I think this thread would go quietly into the night if everyone stopped adding their two cents. I think this thread is up a $1.38 and counting.

Let's get back to the lighter side of the hobby...

Quote Originally Posted by gameused fan View Post
    Les,

I feel the need to pay you back for the fine advice you gave me when I was freaking out a couple week ago.

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's only clothing. I mean, there are plenty of other things to be depressed about than what you could have bought. I know what regret is like, but seriously, man, it's a jersey. It's not like you are dealing with the death of a friend, failure, or clinical depression. There will be a "next time" to make money. Just pass it off as a lesson learned, and you'll be fine next time."

-- Les, right after I was crying because I lost out on a Santonio Holmes jersey that I was hoping to flip for major coin, only to find out a week later it really wouldn't have made me major coin.

So, my advice? There are plenty of other things to be depressed about than what you bought. I know what regret is like, but seriously, girl, it's a jersey. It's not like you are dealing with finding out that Bagwell did roids back in the day, (even though he might have, which would then really kill the value of your items. Just kidding. Sort of), failure or clinical depression.

There will be a "next time" in this hobby for you. Just pass it off as a lesson learned, and you'll be cool next time.
    Thank you.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    The answer is yes! You bought the jersey at a price you agreed upon. Now you would pay $1200. So yes, the value dropped. Btw, $1200 for a Bagwell is high.
    What is a fair price for a Bagwell, just so I know?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

I sometimes wonder why I waste time with people who don't share my sense of what moral is.
    That seems to be a continuing issue...you feel that people are wrong if they dont think the way you do. I think you are wrong for feeling that way. Which one of us is wrong?

Plus, if it makes you feel any better, I once spent $225 on a game-used Military hat worn by Tony Gwynn.

Yeah, not the Tony Gwynn who had 3,000 hits. But his kid, who still can't play worth a lick for the Brewers.

It wasn't a good purchase at the time. Now, it's even worse. I don't feel good about myself. I often wonder what the hell I was thinking. But, we live and learn.

If anybody wants to buy a Tony Gwynn Jr. game-used hat, I'll give it to you for $230. It's actually fair market value, if you consider what I paid for it. I even have it photo matched.

Aw, heck, first guy or gal who offers $200 for it, I'll take it!

Mr.3000

My only demand is that people act fairly and ethically. And that they be held accountable for their actions. If that is ridiculous, then I am saddened by your definition of what fairness is. I sometimes wonder why I waste time with people who don't share my sense of what moral is.

The problem is that people in our society can get away with whatever they want and not be held accountable. A-Rod can get away with cheating, because he's only human. We forgive rich athletes for anything. And Chris would be able to get away with anything, because he has more money than I do.

Lying, misrepresenting one's sources, etc. are all wrong actions! Thank goodness that not everyone in this world is like Chris Boyd. Perhaps I was naive to believe that Chris Boyd could become fair and ethical and not have business practices that are immoral.
    The ridiculousness I was referring to was your demand of a refund. You know that as well as anyone else reading this thread. Your severely overpaying for an item has zero to do with A-Rod, how much you earn, how much money Chris Boyd has or ethics.

Buyers remorse hurts. I am sure we all have tasted it at one time or another. But it doesn't entitle any of us to refunds.

I suppose it's time for me to chime in with the masses and ask that this thread please be locked. This thread is far past pointless.

But, seriously, before this gets locked up somebody really can have the Gwynn Jr. hat for $200.

OK. I've stopped being productive here. I promise I'm done posting in this thread. But, again, you can have the hat for $200.