Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Chris Boyd's Business Practices - Part Deux

Leslie,

Yes, the jersey you own was purchased from a dealer in Colorado. $1700 for a pair of gloves with shell, what are you talking about? I have owned two shells. One is my collection and one with another collector in Howaii. This is going to be a he said/she said thing.

Did I ever made you buy the items? No. Did you buy them at your own will? Yes. Did I made a profit? Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by GarkoCollector View Post
    Les,
    Just some things sticking in my mind based on the replies. They are in bold above.
    Tom
    He did tell me they were available. He announced that - he just got a better offer.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Leslie,

Yes, the jersey you own was purchased from a dealer in Colorado. $1700 for a pair of gloves with shell, what are you talking about? I have owned two shells. One is my collection and one with another collector in Howaii. This is going to be a he said/she said thing.

Did I ever made you buy the items? No. Did you buy them at your own will? Yes. Did I made a profit? Yes!
    Refund me in full. Your stories keep changing... that's all I am asking. You told me it was fair market value.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Refund me in full. Your stories keep changing... that's all I am asking. You told me it was fair market value.
    Leslie,

There is no such thing as fair market value; a game used item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. My story has not changed a single bit. You are just very confused. It is clear as day you have the jersey from Colorado, you say you proved that yourself.

If the value is based on the source, you should have though about that before you decided to continually trash me on this board. People buy Astros items from me as they trust my opinion and my expertise having dealt with them for 22 years.

Banned

Moderators,

I ask you lock this thread. It serves ZERO benefit to this board and I feel it was started to bait me into this online, yet personal battle. I do not want to be harassed any longer by Ms. Zukor.

Thanks,

This all comes down to research. Les, it sounds like you got desperate for these items and willingly bought these items for a price that you deemed fair (otherwise you wouldn't have bought it). Many of us have been burned (I've got a great Ruth autograph I'll dump for cheap). Definitely a live and learn issue. Btw, I looked at Chris' website and most of the pricing seems reasonable.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Moderators,

I ask you lock this thread. It serves ZERO benefit to this board and I feel it was started to bait me into this online, yet personal battle. I do not want to be harassed any longer by Ms. Zukor.

Thanks,
    You told me my jersey came from a friend of Jeff's in California. I bought it because of that provenance. You told me this after I chose which jersey I wanted. You are not telling me the truth.

I am not harassing you. I was not the one who laughed in your face on a phone call and was really rude to you. I had said before that that I wanted no contact from you, unless it was to contact me for a refund.

You didn't respect that. I have proof from the guy in Colorado, who will also vouch for me about your business practices. You are dishonest in your dealings, and I don't want to deal with you. I am just warning your collectors.

You said people have dealt with you for 22 years. You are only 30, Chris. Just like the phony "specializing...since 1987" claim on your website. You have only been in business since 2004. I have the letters from people who won't do business with you any more to prove your mendacity.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

Leslie,

Sounds like we are on the same page, you just are confused. I don't need the collector in CO to vouch for it. I will vouch for it. Your jersey is not from a friend in California. You do in fact have a jersey from someone in California. Strange how all of a sudden you care more about what state the jersey is from over the fact you have a Bagwell game worn jersey.

Yes, I am 30. I have been dealing in Astros game used since I was 8. A player gave me a bat in 1987, and since then I have done anything possible to obtain bats. I used to buy game used Astros bats from a man in a Houston flee market for $10-$25 each. Yes, I mowed grass to buy bats. By the age of 11, I had over 125 bats. Do I need my Dad to come on here and vouch for me and how he used to take me to the guys apartment and flee market on Saturday's to buy bats? Do I need Jim Pankovits to come on here and tell you that he gave Chris Boyd a bat over the dugout in 1987? Yes, I formed Houston Sports Investments in the late 1990s and started as a business in 2004. You have something to say about every don't you?

The cleats were the straw that broke the camel's back. It's not just about the cleats. It's about all the transactions that led up to it. And your telling me that you were buying something and asking if I wanted it, and then never selling it to me. You have done this more than once, Chris.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Leslie,

Sounds like we are on the same page, you just are confused. I don't need the collector in CO to vouch for it. I will vouch for it. Your jersey is not from a friend in California. You do in fact have a jersey from someone in California. Strange how all of a sudden you care more about what state the jersey is from over the fact you have a Bagwell game worn jersey.
    So - make this clear to me, how is this jersey from someone in California? The jersey is from someone in Colorado. You told me it was from a friened of Jeff's in California so you could get more dinero from me. How am I confused?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408