In mid-January, I posted a thread about Chris Boyd's selling a bat that he bought as game-model as a "game-used" bat. The seller was Scott Brosius, and obviously, a MLB player can tell the difference between a game-model bat and one that has actual use. The thread can be found here - http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...sticky+residue. The way it was left off was that Chris Boyd would send me the Bagwell bat in question, and I would let forum members know that Boyd was being honest in his description of the bat. I also brought up that he ripped me off for a Bagwell jersey, by selling me a $1495 jersey for $3275, with misleading provenance and a faded autograph. He told me he did not give refunds on ethics.

Immediately after this happened, Boyd started taunting me over email that he had finally bought a pair of cleats that he had previously told me he had bought on my behalf. After the incident, he implied that he was going to send me pictures of the item. He then told me that he had lost the heart for selling, and that he would stick to his lucrative job in the oil industry. He furthermore told me that I would be the first to know when he decided to sell more Bagwell items. He also told me helpful information about the guy who was sending me the nasty emails.

In the past he has allowed me to post pictures of items he has. I get a note from him not to post his pictures. I asked him about the cleats he told me he would sell to me, and he said he wouldn't sell them. Meanwhile, I never got the Bagwell bat - which I told him to keep and simply to follow through with his word about the cleats, and the bat is now off his website. That means, the bat has likely been sold under false pretenses. When I suggested going to the Better Business Bureau on Chris, he said the BBB can't tell him who and who not to do business with. He also said that it was really wrong what I did to him, though I made the decision based on ethics - and I have prevented sellers from buying misdescribed stuff.

I have posted complains both with the BBB and with RipoffReport.com. I am hoping to get my money back for the jersey. Please be aware that when you do business with Chris Boyd, that you may not get what he had told you you were getting. I remember when he told me that he was selling me the "best pair of Jeff Bagwell batting gloves he'd seen", and I bought them for $1000. After I bought them from him, he said that there was light to moderate use on them. Some - best batting gloves he had ever seen. With Chris Boyd - caveat emptor.