Baseball Cheaters (Past & Present)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.3000

Re: Baseball Cheaters (Past & Present)

On that note..I'm going to bow out of this conversation. I know when to walk away before I let someone else's arrogance get the best of me...and I wind up looking like the bad guy. Especially when it's online. Not worth my time. I don't get baited by internet tough guy routines.

Comment

• godwulf
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
      I just wish (and I'll refrain from naming names) there were a few more participants here to had the common sense you do to understand this simple relationship.....or should I say lack thereof. It's absolutely rediculous to "group" all the forms of minor infractions mentioned......in with steroid use. Night and day.
      Night and day, apples and oranges...so we have been told, several times now. When it comes to making an assertion, however, repetition doesn't equal support; if you see an intrinsic difference between performance-enhancing drugs and every other kind of activity or behavior mentioned in this thread, that's great - good for you. Quite frankly, you haven't presented anything approaching as clear and convincing a case as you seem to believe you have.
      Jeff
      godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• earlywynnfan
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mr.3000
        Cheating is cheating.

Phil Niekro (just one example) is no better than A-Rod. Nor is he any worse.

Forgive my ignorance, but what did Phil Niekro ever do??

Ken
        earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• earlywynnfan
          • Oct 2005

Cheating is cheating.

Phil Niekro (just one example) is no better than A-Rod. Nor is he any worse.

Since someone mentioned George Brett, is he any better than AROD, with his illegal bat?

Ken

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
            Forgive my ignorance, but what did Phil Niekro ever do??

Ken

Not saying Phil didn't doctor the ball...but I meant Joe...and the emery board incident.

Comment

• TFig27
              • Oct 2006

Not saying Phil didn't doctor the ball...but I meant Joe...and the emery board incident.
              I received this from Joe about a month before he passed.

sigpic
              TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
              A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
              J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• Sincityson
                • Oct 2006

If anyone is in the mood for some reading, there's a good book called the "Cheaters Guide to Baseball" that I'd say is worth buying:

Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Comment

• David
                  • Sep 2024

All cheating is not of the same magnitude, just as not all crimes are of the not of the same magnitude. Armed robbery and jay walking are each one crime. For a long time, throwing games and using steroids have been the sports world equivalent of armed robbery. Players know this, which is why folks like McGwire, Bonds, Clemens and Palmeiro bend over backwards not to admit usage, even though the admission would result in no suspension or other punishment.

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Some of us at work were talking about cheaters in sports today. One person made the comment, "Many do the same thing in the work place to get ahead. Fighting for that position, promotion, and pay raise. The only differrence is, we do it and only those at work know about it. Not the whole world like when it happens in sports."

No matter where it's done, it's still not right.
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

Working...