Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: 103 not named that tested positive for steroids...

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    YOU have your own suspicions about certain players, but aren't going to publicly post them?

They why bother commenting at all? That's what this post is about.
    I refuse to take part in a baseless witch hunt by simply throwing names out there. The fact that someone honestly listed Todd Helton is hilarious; I stood next to and talked to a shirtless Helton after his 2001 season and all I'll say is this. If he were being provided with steroids and what I saw was the end result, I'd be finding the dealer and beating the crap out of him.

Look,I live in Los Angeles. To this day, I like Mike Piazza....I loved him when he was a Dodger....LOVED him, and I was heartbroken when he demanded the big bucks and the Dodgers sent him packing. I'm not going to waste my time copying and posting all of the articles about Mike Piazza and his "blatant obvious steroid use"......like from a VERY PROMINENT sports reporter for the Los Angeles Times who was told (and subsequently wrote about it in an article) specifically not to "slap Mike Piazza on the back, because you're liable to explode the seriously bad acne condition he has recently developed".......which they were silently referring to his condition caused from steroid use.
    I'm not saying Piazza is clean or not. My point is, it's not as simple as looking at a couple of pictures or numbers from one or two seasons and being able to accurately say "Yeah, he's using."

I simply posted a few pictures. If anyone thinks they can transform themselves into a HULK like Mike became from simply working out in a weight room, then go for it. I got my forearms up to 19 1/2" to match my biceps, all at the tender age of 19, with no substance abuse of any kind. Hell, I didn't even take protein powders or anything, just regular vitamins was about it, and I ate a lot of protein (steaks, hamburgers, chicken, tuna, and milk products).

And through it all, I didn't have bulging "balls" for biceps like Mikie here.

Hmmmmmm.........makes one wonder.
    Not really. There's an enormous amount of difference between the way that the body reacts for a top-level athlete versus a mid-level versus a low-level versus someone just getting back into the gym. Incredibly minor things like where a muscle attaches (a matter of millimeters) can have enormous consequences in terms of how much force is capable of being exerted. Genetics and exercise habits from an early age can play an enormous role in how quickly muscle tissue can recover, how effectively oxygen can be transported, and a myriad of other factors that combine to separate the AA ball player from an MLB All Star.

I naturally have extremely large biceps, particularly in my right arm (the muscle is obviously asymmetrical between my right and left arms). If I ever focused on an arm workout, the biceps would get enormous. On the other hand, I naturally have fairly small pectoralis major and no amount of bench press or pushups will change that.

On the other hand, a friend of mine from way back when was one of the few who could actually do a maximal workout every single day. I have no idea how, but he could recover just that quickly. That's why he ended up a state champion in track and had D-1 offers for two different sports and why I never got off the bench.

I know this much, with some opinions and comments I see here, it's no wonder we have juries that let guys like O. J. Simpson walk, even when the obvious is placed RIGHT underneath their noses.
    That's absolutely ridiculous. If you want a comparison, it would be like the prosecution in the Simpson case standing up and saying "When OJ was notified of Nicole's death, he reacted in a manner that we believe to be unlike most people in that position. Therefore it is obvious that he is guilty of murdering her."

Let me ask you this. Did Hank Aaron's skills ever rise or fall, or was he performing at exactly the same level his entire career? (And no, I'm not accusing Hank of doing anything shady)
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

[quote=Nathan;124671]

That's absolutely ridiculous. If you want a comparison, it would be like the prosecution in the Simpson case standing up and saying "When OJ was notified of Nicole's death, he reacted in a manner that we believe to be unlike most people in that position. Therefore it is obvious that he is guilty of murdering her."

Nathan,

I don't want a comparison of anything.

I just know that, if I'm EVER involved in any criminal proceeding, I pray to GOD I have at least ONE of your type on the jury to insure my wrongful release.

Regards,

Steve

[quote=suicide_squeeze;125129]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

Nathan,

I don't want a comparison of anything.

I just know that, if I'm EVER involved in any criminal proceeding, I pray to GOD I have at least ONE of your type on the jury to insure my wrongful release.

Regards,

Steve
    By the same token, I hope that if I'm ever wrongfully accused of anything that I never find you on the jury making sure I'm found guilty even if the entire case is built on the flimsiest of circumstantial evidence.

"Hmmmm, size 12 shoeprints were found near the crime scene, and the guy in cuffs wears size 12 shoes. Based on that alone, he's guilty."
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs