Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 103 not named that tested positive for steroids...

ill never forget when i saw lenny dykstra in a spring trianing game. they said he gained some weight, heck he didnt even look the same. that was my first exposure, tho i didnt know it at the time

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    I doubt that Thome would be on the list . He has been a big boy for most
    of his life. His whole family is a group of big guys. His old man is a softball legend in Illinois. Besides, His dad would kick his @$$.........
    thomecollector,

Do I ever hope you are right. I have ALWAYS liked Jim Thome.

And the same goes for Frank Thomas. I sincerely hope he's a clean guy, because he's always been a monster of a man too, so maybe it's just a genetic thing there too.

But after the Rodriguez debacle......NOTHING would surprise me.

What would really be the final screw in my believing coffin would be to find out that Ken Griffey Jr.'s name was on the list. That would sinch the deal for me to start liquadating my entire "current day" collection. He has always been one of the top greats in the history of the game, a tremendous 5-tool player with the likes of Mays.

PLEASE Griffey.......don't be on that list!!!

As for Mariners fans let us just pray that Arod only used in Texas and this dosen't come back to Seattle to haunt us. The last thing I would want is my childhood stars get put on the list too; I mean come on Griffey,Edgar,Randy , and Buhner. Dear GOD MAN THE MADNESS!!!!!

Banned

i Surprised All Of You Left Out 2 Major Players

Josh Hamilton Home Run Derby 28 Home Runs In The First Round
    And Lets Not Forget The First Half Of His 2008 Season Which Was Crazy Till He Wore Out His Juice At The All Star Game

David Big Papi Ortiz - Does Practically Nothing For 6 Years With The Twins Joins Boston

Heres His Total Of Home Runs In 6 Years With The
    Twins 48 Total In 6 Years

Boston

seems A Bit Fishy To Me Lol Lol:d

anyone, but VLADDY!

This entire steriod shake down has got me in disbelief as a fan and former player alike. I remember 5-6 years ago when all this first started coming out I went to the Orioles game with a sign that said..."et tu baseball?"

I was so hurt. And then the Mitchell report comes out and lists something like 20 some current and former Orioles!!!!

I have always been a Thomas fan, he was my idol when I was growing up...thats why I started to collect him. He's been speaking out about steriod testing since the mid 90's, was the only player that was interviewed in the Mitchell Report, and after he hit his 500th homerun...said "I hit 500 the right way."

I hope that he is clean. He has always been huge, his gut has gotten a bit bigger over the years but then again who's hasn't? When that list is finally released it's going to be another very trying day for baseball.

It also makes me laugh a bit at the "message" that everyone wants to put out there now. Say Thomas is clean...he's done it the right way...yet he is still a free agent, 18 year vet with over 500 homeruns...all the while the "cheaters" are rewarded with monsterous contracts.

We should all start taking a pool...$5 entrance fee...pick your team and the number of players from that team that will appear on the new list. Like so many on this forum have already said...this is only the beginning.

wade

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    This entire steriod shake down has got me in disbelief as a fan and former player alike. I remember 5-6 years ago when all this first started coming out I went to the Orioles game with a sign that said..."et tu baseball?"

I was so hurt. And then the Mitchell report comes out and lists something like 20 some current and former Orioles!!!!

I have always been a Thomas fan, he was my idol when I was growing up...thats why I started to collect him. He's been speaking out about steriod testing since the mid 90's, was the only player that was interviewed in the Mitchell Report, and after he hit his 500th homerun...said "I hit 500 the right way."

I hope that he is clean. He has always been huge, his gut has gotten a bit bigger over the years but then again who's hasn't? When that list is finally released it's going to be another very trying day for baseball.

It also makes me laugh a bit at the "message" that everyone wants to put out there now. Say Thomas is clean...he's done it the right way...yet he is still a free agent, 18 year vet with over 500 homeruns...all the while the "cheaters" are rewarded with monsterous contracts.

We should all start taking a pool...$5 entrance fee...pick your team and the number of players from that team that will appear on the new list. Like so many on this forum have already said...this is only the beginning.

wade
    The sad thing is Wade as a lifelong Orioles fan, all those Orioles were in the Mitchell report and what good did it do? The team has sucked for 15 plus years. If all those guys were on the juice, you can only imagine how bad they would have been if they had not been.
    I continue to be disgusted by just how badly the wheels have come off the cart in Baltimore. The team that was the class of baseball in the 60's and 70's can't field a winning team to save themselves. It is really a sad testament to what MLB has become in this day and age.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

I really doubt Piazza ever used steroids, he was a big guy and a proven hr hitter even in the early 90's...in 1996, when teammate Brady Anderson hit 50 homers, Cal Ripken hit 26, the only time in his last 8 seasons in which he topped 20 homers...

A local and knowing source dropped me the name Trot Nixon.

I also would add Carl Everett.

I personally do not think Varitek would be on the list. I think he takes his God-given abilities too seriously, which are eroding quickly nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    The sad thing is Wade as a lifelong Orioles fan, all those Orioles were in the Mitchell report and what good did it do? The team has sucked for 15 plus years. If all those guys were on the juice, you can only imagine how bad they would have been if they had not been.
    I continue to be disgusted by just how badly the wheels have come off the cart in Baltimore. The team that was the class of baseball in the 60's and 70's can't field a winning team to save themselves. It is really a sad testament to what MLB has become in this day and age.
    Don't feel to bad Brett. Have you not taken a look at the Detroit Tigers? Biggest embarassment in MLB. 2nd highest payroll behind NY in 08 and last place. That says it all.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com