Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Banned

Re: 103 not named that tested positive for steroids...

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    I'm just gonna let the pics do the talking........and by the way, I'm a HUGE Dodger fan........but Mike Piazza.......well, just look........
    I am not a Piazza fan but the farhest stretch of the imagination. But I do think your truly jumping the gun on these photos. Showin photos of Piazza getting bigger over years is not that big of a deal.

I used to work out with these 2 guys, I did it more for shape and getting my body toned. While the other 2 did it for getting really built and cut up.

They both in 1 year went from scrawny nothings to putting on some huge gun arms, flat cut stomachs, and big chests - they both would do about double the work out I was doing and would push there bodies to do about double the weight. With out and type of PED's just pure working hard in the gym and running every morning before work, in the park.

So my point is your showing pics of Piazza over at least a few year span (Which he was with the Dodgers for over 6 seasons) and his arms are just about the size of my friends arms.

So what your showing is really not any kind of implication of him doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    I agree with cjclong. This entire thread is the absolute height of absurdity...."103 names haven't been revealed, so let's make baseless accusations publicly."

As far as I'm concerned, the only people who have any room to speculate are those who have done the following:
    1) Taken and passed classes in endocrinology and physiology
    2) Taken and passed classes in exercise science and related courses
    3) Have closely studied the science of baseball, specifically as it pertains to park effects, rule changes, and trends over time

From my standpoint, no one outside of that realm has any room to be speculating over who took based on some pictures (since your lack of knowledge abuot the basic subjects condemns you) or based off of arbitrary and cherry-picked numbers (which demonstrates a lack of knowledge about the game).

And I will step up and place myself at the top of the list of people who have met all three requirements. I also will not speculate about who I believe has or has not been 'roiding up. Certainly I have my own suspicions about certain players, but I'm not going to publicly post them.

On the plus side, this thread has given me a good list of those who speak without knowledge.
    YOU have your own suspicions about certain players, but aren't going to publicly post them?

They why bother commenting at all? That's what this post is about.

Look,I live in Los Angeles. To this day, I like Mike Piazza....I loved him when he was a Dodger....LOVED him, and I was heartbroken when he demanded the big bucks and the Dodgers sent him packing. I'm not going to waste my time copying and posting all of the articles about Mike Piazza and his "blatant obvious steroid use"......like from a VERY PROMINENT sports reporter for the Los Angeles Times who was told (and subsequently wrote about it in an article) specifically not to "slap Mike Piazza on the back, because you're liable to explode the seriously bad acne condition he has recently developed".......which they were silently referring to his condition caused from steroid use.

I simply posted a few pictures. If anyone thinks they can transform themselves into a HULK like Mike became from simply working out in a weight room, then go for it. I got my forearms up to 19 1/2" to match my biceps, all at the tender age of 19, with no substance abuse of any kind. Hell, I didn't even take protein powders or anything, just regular vitamins was about it, and I ate a lot of protein (steaks, hamburgers, chicken, tuna, and milk products).

And through it all, I didn't have bulging "balls" for biceps like Mikie here.

Hmmmmmm.........makes one wonder.

I know this much, with some opinions and comments I see here, it's no wonder we have juries that let guys like O. J. Simpson walk, even when the obvious is placed RIGHT underneath their noses.

Just my two copper Lincolns....

By the way....... cjmedina1 .........I TOTALLY agree on Brett Boone...... that ALSO is a no brainer, you could see it by looking at his body changes.

Regards,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    You weren't kidding about his legs

Some pics:

JUNE 15, 2004:

OCTOBER 15, 2004:

GOOD homework, chakes89.......the guy had a MOSTER build that just wasn't natural.....there are many more pics that show him from different angles that just boggles the mind. Notice the shoulder size too (in reference to the general 'thickness').....the "swollen-appearing" arm....

Obvious user......IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    As a Cards fan, I am flattered that folks (especially Yankee fans) think he is on the juice. he is a remarkable player who has been tearing up MLB since his rookie season. Not only is he a pure, line drive hitter for average, he occasionally lofts one into orbit.

If Albert wanted to sacrifice his average (which he won't), he could easily hit 50+ homers every season. Not only that, he's the most consistent slugger in all of baseball. He hit 34 homers in 2002 (after hitting 37 in his rookie season) and has a high of 49...so what?

Do you think he took Steriods in 2005 and 2008 (after they really started testing?) Those are the years he won the MVP award. If he did, he'd be pretty stupid...and if you live in STL and know/watch Albert every day, he's not only smart, but very concerned about the legacy he leaves in baseball.

If Albert took steroids while playing in the MLB - and it is proven, I might just quit watching baseball. Nobody is 100% innocent, I can concede that...but Albert would be one player that I would really have a hard time accepting that from.

Dave.......I totally agree with you.

But my man........please, be careful.

We all have to remember this......as HARD as it appears to be to a lot of the members here.....

.......We HAVE to accept that steroids were RAMPANT, and WIDELY used in MLB during all of the 1990's and first half of the 2000's....and most likely a good chunk (if not all) of the 1980's too.

That said, you HAVE to believe it was a known fact in the clubhouses.

That said again......you HAVE to somewhat consider the fact that a LOT of the players who made it to the bigs.....were already using to some small extent. It would be naive to think otherwise. I was HOPING A-Rod was clean.....now that I know he wasn't, I no longer believe any pro athlete with stellar stats during these years was.

You just may find that Albert used in 2000 (yes, pre-big leagues), 2001, 2002, 2003......(not ALL of those years, but in any one given year) or HGH (maybe due to faster recovery from an injury.....after all, he's had MORE than his fair share of those, and there are no tests to identify it) and once he gained the desired size he has, maybe he works hard to maintain it. But please, Dave, I love Albert as much as you do, trust me.....he is the BEST player in baseball......just don't make the mistake of throwing ALL of your eggs in ONE basket......you may one day get a bad bit of news that bursts your bubble.

The emphasis should all be to cleaning up the game NOW, and QUICKLY, with strict BLOOD-testing, and STRICT penalties. Then, we can save this great game we love, and get our heros back.

My Varitek pictures don't work now

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Bret Boone Photos for anyone that cares:

February 2000:

June 2001:

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Dave.......I totally agree with you.

But my man........please, be careful.

We all have to remember this......as HARD as it appears to be to a lot of the members here.....

.......We HAVE to accept that steroids were RAMPANT, and WIDELY used in MLB during all of the 1990's and first half of the 2000's....and most likely a good chunk (if not all) of the 1980's too.

That said, you HAVE to believe it was a known fact in the clubhouses.

That said again......you HAVE to somewhat consider the fact that a LOT of the players who made it to the bigs.....were already using to some small extent. It would be naive to think otherwise. I was HOPING A-Rod was clean.....now that I know he wasn't, I no longer believe any pro athlete with stellar stats during these years was.

You just may find that Albert used in 2000 (yes, pre-big leagues), 2001, 2002, 2003......(not ALL of those years, but in any one given year) or HGH (maybe due to faster recovery from an injury.....after all, he's had MORE than his fair share of those, and there are no tests to identify it) and once he gained the desired size he has, maybe he works hard to maintain it. But please, Dave, I love Albert as much as you do, trust me.....he is the BEST player in baseball......just don't make the mistake of throwing ALL of your eggs in ONE basket......you may one day get a bad bit of news that bursts your bubble.

The emphasis should all be to cleaning up the game NOW, and QUICKLY, with strict BLOOD-testing, and STRICT penalties. Then, we can save this great game we love, and get our heros back.

Thanks for the warning - but if you go back and read my original post, I said while he was in the MLB...

There is no question that his rise to greatness happened literally overnight...and the minors are a place where athletes are in serious need of disinguishing themselves. HOPEFULLY, Albert was not a juicer in the minors - but if he was, I am fairly confident that he left them behind when joining the big club in '01.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Bret Boone Photos for anyone that cares:

February 2000:

June 2001:

was watching a replay of a 2002 seattle mariners game where in the first inning of the game, mike cameron and brett boone hit two homeruns each in the same inning. the broadcaster looked it up and said it was the first time teammate ever did that.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Something you all need to remember. Most anyone can get big and bulky.

Now what and who you should question is when someone puts on 30 pounds of muscle in the off season.

Such as Jonny Gomes shows up in 2006, 30 pounds heavier of all muscle. The media and announcers were talking like he did a good thing, praising the guy.

Getting big can be done without steroids. It just takes a lot longer.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Good point

Maybe Bret just hit puberty a little later than the rest of the boys