Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I need help with jersey

i found the pics of the jeter bat on my computer from when i listed it here they are
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ryant7 View Post
    this is the only jeter bat i could currently find on ebay that is not signed stating game model and it does have under line also i believe mine is smith finish not just black were you can see the grain really well
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270284998550&indexURL= 0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

This one you posted shows a line under being sold by an independent seller. (Meaning it is not coming from Steiner). But that is definitely a promotional bat. I am not sure of the sellers objective to say it is Jeters Game Baseball bat.

suave i meant as far as the grain on a smith finsh bat its a thick coating and its harder to see the grain than on a regular painted bat compare my bat to bat i just posted link to to see what im saying

Banned

I may be wrong but to me the finish looks basically the same.

i bought a new camera i will take better pics tonight i have to go get the bat from my fathers house from the pic that i have posted in your opinion does it look legit i mean the guy won it for only 431 dollars and backed out just point blank telling me if it doesnt have the tpx and mlb logo on it its not real but i have seen many game used jeter bats without tpx and mlb logo on them

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I may be wrong but to me the finish looks basically the same.
    There is a big difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ryant7 View Post
    i bought a new camera i will take better pics tonight i have to go get the bat from my fathers house from the pic that i have posted in your opinion does it look legit i mean the guy won it for only 431 dollars and backed out just point blank telling me if it doesnt have the tpx and mlb logo on it its not real but i have seen many game used jeter bats without tpx and mlb logo on them
    Well they didn't start adding the logos till 1999 which would then date this bat to be from the 95 to 98 period.
    So I am not sure why someone would say that, this possibly could be a Jeter Game Used bat.

does anyone know when malta gets on here i would like some more inout on this bat to help me out in a future listing thanks !

Ryan,
    That bat you have looks to be a mid 97 thru 98 model in 99 the Mlb tpx labeling appeared on the front of the barrel. 125 centering indicates this, the I appears between the 1 and 2 of the 125 labeling. You may want to send your bat to taube. it my be a pretty widely looked for bat. 1998 gamers are hard to come by.

thank you for the help jetersbatboy i am looking into sending the bat out for authentication who would be best bang for the buck ? i know you mentioned Taube