Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Potential Griffey Jr. Game Issued C271 LVS

Hello all,

How can I tell if this is a store model or a genuine game issued Ken griffey Jr. LVS C271 bat? It has no underline under the 125 and it has the model # above the name (signature brand) and the team he played for below. It has a galen (thicker black) finish on the upper area (barrel) and is all black. How else can I tell if it is an authentic game issued bat or a store model replica? There is a higher grain count which may set off alarms, but is that valid?

BB

Re: Potential Griffey Jr. Game Issued C271 LVS

Anyone's thoughts????

Brian,

You have any photos you can post?

How long is the bat? Is the barrel cupped? Anything stamped on the knob? Being that the team name is on the barrel one wouldn't think it
    would be a store model. However (and Junior fan's can chime in) I heard that Griffey only uses bats with cupped ends and the non-cupped (rounded) barrel end bats he uses for gifts and autograph models.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

"How can I tell if this is a store model or a genuine game issued Ken griffey Jr. LVS C271 bat?"

is there a tape job on the handle?

anyway, length and weight would likely set it apart. a retail model likely wouldn't be the same length and weight as a legit griffey game model.

"Being that the team name is on the barrel one wouldn't think it would be a store model."

LVS has long sold "player replica" bats with the team name in their gift shop. as we speak you can get a derek jeter P72 store model bat from LVS with "New York Yankees" on the barrel. griffey has long been a very popular retail bat offered by LVS in their gift shop and i remember seeing retail griffey C271's with "Cincinnati Reds" on the barrel.

"I heard that Griffey only uses bats with cupped ends and the non-cupped (rounded) barrel end bats he uses for gifts and autograph models."

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=47382

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Hello all,

How can I tell if this is a store model or a genuine game issued Ken griffey Jr. LVS C271 bat? It has no underline under the 125 and it has the model # above the name (signature brand) and the team he played for below. It has a galen (thicker black) finish on the upper area (barrel) and is all black. How else can I tell if it is an authentic game issued bat or a store model replica? There is a higher grain count which may set off alarms, but is that valid?

BB
    Is there anything on the knob, number or anything like that? What team is on the barrel?
    Brian Hillerich

usually when i have a question about bats i go to birdbats site. he has some good info. i used it to make my first g/u purchase.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Hey BMH,

I sent you pics the other day. Did you get the email? The knob has no numbers under it and the barrell is cupped.

I am not sure on the length.

BB

Hmm, no I didn't. I've got the filters set pretty high on my emails at the moment. If it isn't from someone in the company, a team or in my address book it gets dumped until ST is over with. Last week I cleaned out my email and by the end of the day it was full. Lots of questions from people these days.
    Brian Hillerich

Hey Brian,

So attached below are the pics of the Griffey bat in question. My main concerns are the wood grain (not looking like a pro quality bat) and the "C" in the C271 not looking as round as it should. The 125 is not underlined. Nothing under the knob. It has the galen finish or the double dipped finish on the top half of the bat. It has a cupped barrell. Is it a legit game issued Griffey Jr. Mariners bat?
    Name:  gRIF 1.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  Grif 2.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  142.2 KB

Name:  Grif 3.JPG
Views: 489
Size:  221.7 KB

Name:  Grif 4.JPG
Views: 469
Size:  346.6 KB

Name:  Grif 5.JPG
Views: 489
Size:  295.7 KB

Name:  Grif 6.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  238.2 KB

Name:  Grif 7.JPG
Views: 486
Size:  151.6 KB

Name:  Grif 8.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  267.3 KB

To me it looks like game issued. That is our old Smith finish on the bat, you can tell because it has that "milky" look in it's color. That was a four DAY process, we wouldn't waste that much time on a souvie bat.
    Brian Hillerich