Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Roberto Alomar- sad story if it's true...

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    I can only imagine how she'll feel when she finally gets word and reads this news.....
    yes i can only imagine what'll be like to learn that she may have contracted HIV/AIDS 13 years ago and lived with it ever since without any symptoms. "what? you mean for the past 13 years i've had AIDS and didn't know it?". brilliant. sort of like snapping your leg in two pieces and only realizing it 10 yrs afterwards huh?

right up there with having a guy sued by a woman who said they had sex numerous times and wondering about his sexual orientation.

and before i read yet another inane thing about hirschbeck and spit:

from the CDC:

"Saliva, Tears, and Sweat
    HIV has been found in saliva and tears in very low quantities from some AIDS patients. It is important to understand that finding a small amount of HIV in a body fluid does not necessarily mean that HIV can be transmitted by that body fluid. HIV has not been recovered from the sweat of HIV-infected persons. Contact with saliva, tears, or sweat has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV."

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    yes i can only imagine what'll be like to learn that she may have contracted HIV/AIDS 13 years ago and lived with it ever since without any symptoms. "what? you mean for the past 13 years i've had AIDS and didn't know it?". brilliant. sort of like snapping your leg in two pieces and only realizing it 10 yrs afterwards huh?

right up there with having a guy sued by a woman who said they had sex numerous times and wondering about his sexual orientation.

and before i read yet another inane thing about hirschbeck and spit:

from the CDC:

"Saliva, Tears, and Sweat
    HIV has been found in saliva and tears in very low quantities from some AIDS patients. It is important to understand that finding a small amount of HIV in a body fluid does not necessarily mean that HIV can be transmitted by that body fluid. HIV has not been recovered from the sweat of HIV-infected persons. Contact with saliva, tears, or sweat has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV."

rudy.
    Not my point, rudy.

She had a relationship with the guy. She will no doubt feel badly for him, and at the same time gratefull that she hadn't dated him in more recent years. Sad, shocked, even horrified, yet relieved and fortunate, rudy.

He must have contracted it sometime within the last 9-10 years is my guess (from everything I've read about the desease). It may have started to "manifest" in the early to middle 2000's, hense his "health" difficulties.

That said, I believe he must have strongly suspected himself, knew it, but just wouldn't accept it. Only he knows the full extent of his "personal life" and the possible ramifications of it.....which is why I think he was living in denial. Then, the day came where he had no choice but be forced to find out. Truly irresponsible deeds to himself, family, and friends who care about him. Just a sad sitch.

Quote Originally Posted by raider1088 View Post
    i remember a few years back when the story about mike piazza being gay was going around,which obviously was false.but there was also a story going around at the same time that there was a player on the east coast who played in the majors that was gay. alot of people were mentioning robbie alomars name.like i said there is no way to ever verify that but i find it interesting that this lawsuit comes out now and is said to have happen around when that story was making it's rounds back then.
    I remember this all too well. It was started by Bobby Valentine proclaiming that "baseball is probably ready for an openly gay athlete." What then transpired was a media circus, where everyone and their grandmother thought he was speaking about Piazza. I have no idea how they got this ridiculous idea... Piazza had a reputation of being quite the ladies man by this time. Anyhow, I digress.
    The way I interpreted this statement was that he was probably referring to Roberto Alomar, as he was with the team too. The Hirschbeck incident is what put this idea in my head. As it was obvious that the comment that led to the spitting was nothing racial at all. Anyone who saw the events unfold with the slightest ability to read lips knew what was going on. Apparently the media had their own agenda. As usual.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    whether or not the MLB or team tested, there's still the issue of the insurance company testing. magic got tested as a requirement for life insurance. alomar had no insurance taken out on him by any team?

anyway, i think it's interesting that she's suing for $15 million for "AIDS phobia". she didn't contract anything yet simply the emotional distress of "AIDS phobia" is worth $15 million. the lawsuit says she learned of it in early february 2006. she filed the suit in late january 2009, almost 3 years after she suffered such a traumatic experience.

as for anyone who brings up the hirschbeck incident, i'll assume that you know what hirschbeck said to alomar first to provoke that reaction. there are some widely accepted ideas and alomar only confirmed it to be a "racial slur". if the lip-readers out there are right then hirschbeck got the least of it. i'll also assume that you're over the age of 12 and have progressed enough as a human being to understand that AIDS isn't "karma" for spitting on someone 10 years prior.

rudy.
    Wow.....rudy's right up there with Mr.3000 in "eloquence of posting".

Hirschbeck got "the least of it"???

WHAT, rudy, POSSIBLE racial slur could be WORSE than going after the parent, FACE TO FACE, of a dead child?

PLEASE......I'm all ears.....

I don't give ONE CRAPOLA what Hirschbeck said to Alomar......Going after someone who lost a child and stating that to his FACE is grounds for instant death in my book.

I know there's a lot to be said about maintaining one's composure......and Hirshbeck get's the prize, because if I was that umpire, and that piece of garbage has said that to ME, no matter WHAT NAME I had called him......there would have been one ugly scene of ALL-TIME in sports history in regards to a fight on the field. There is NO excuse for going after a parents DEAD CHILD. It would have taken about 9 grown men to remove my clamped hands from his dead crushed throat.

But that's just me.

Here's some perspective on Alomar v. Hirschbeck

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...hirschbeck_ap/
    Looking for ...

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I remember this all too well. It was started by Bobby Valentine proclaiming that "baseball is probably ready for an openly gay athlete." What then transpired was a media circus, where everyone and their grandmother thought he was speaking about Piazza. I have no idea how they got this ridiculous idea... Piazza had a reputation of being quite the ladies man by this time. Anyhow, I digress.
    The way I interpreted this statement was that he was probably referring to Roberto Alomar, as he was with the team too. The Hirschbeck incident is what put this idea in my head. As it was obvious that the comment that led to the spitting was nothing racial at all. Anyone who saw the events unfold with the slightest ability to read lips knew what was going on. Apparently the media had their own agenda. As usual.
    TNT.......I am without knowledge of the "lip reading" consensus.

Are you saying that Hirschbeck called him something that started with an "f" and ended with a "got"?

THAT is what I would have quessed, but never knew. If that is the case, I stand by what I said. Alomar is lucky I wasn't the umpire that day.

And based on Alomar's reaction to it in saying what he said, I would suggest Hirschbeck hit a nerve (or hit the nail) "right on the head".

This is Sad to me because Alomar is one of my all time Favorite Players.

I would suggest Hirschbeck hit a nerve
    That's what I would suggest too. I am certainly not condoning either guy's behavior back in '96!!!

However, I see they have come a long way together and that article I posted is very pleasant and positive conclusion to their saga...
    Looking for ...

Mr.3000

Wow.....rudy's right up there with Mr.3000 in "eloquence of posting".

Hirschbeck got "the least of it"???

WHAT, rudy, POSSIBLE racial slur could be WORSE than going after the parent, FACE TO FACE, of a dead child?

PLEASE......I'm all ears.....

I don't give ONE CRAPOLA what Hirschbeck said to Alomar......Going after someone who lost a child and stating that to his FACE is grounds for instant death in my book.

I know there's a lot to be said about maintaining one's composure......and Hirshbeck get's the prize, because if I was that umpire, and that piece of garbage has said that to ME, no matter WHAT NAME I had called him......there would have been one ugly scene of ALL-TIME in sports history in regards to a fight on the field. There is NO excuse for going after a parents DEAD CHILD. It would have taken about 9 grown men to remove my clamped hands from his dead crushed throat.

But that's just me.
    Do me...and yourself a favor....leave my name out of your topics. You and I apparently do not get along....let's agree to leave it at that. No need to be a complete ass and keep bringing up my name. You go your way, I'll go mine and we can both coincide on this board peacefully. It would be in both our best interests.

Thank you,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    That's what I would suggest too. I am certainly not condoning either guy's behavior back in '96!!!

However, I see they have come a long way together and that article I posted is very pleasant and positive conclusion to their saga...
    Just read it.

Amen to that. Glad that Hirschbeck made an effort to clear the air and move on.

and geoff, I couldn't agree with you more.

It makes one take a step back, take a deep breath, and clearly see that life is not all about MONEY and FAME. Some things transcend all of that.

Without the basics, like health......it's all meaningless.