Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Roberto Alomar- sad story if it's true...

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Does it make these items less desirable and worth less now is this story is true?
    david

i can't see how it would. to be honest, with so many of baseball's biggest stars falling in the steroids scandal (which is entirely about on-field performance, stats, and HOF eligibility), i think the entire debacle actually places a bigger premium on guys who didn't juice it like alomar. look who's fallen so far: mcgwire, sosa, palmeiro, clemens, bonds, arod. it's a who's who of former HOF locks. the whole thing makes rare guys like alomar and griffey, ripken, gwynn, henderson, etc look even better than they did previously. in a worst case scenario, if alomar does have HIV or AIDS then it's unfortunate but it's far from an immediate death sentence. for pete's sake, here's a recent pic of alomar with his new girlfriend:

an update:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roberto Alomar's new squeeze Wednesday denounced a claim by his ex-lover that the baseball great insisted on having unprotected sex while he was HIV-positive.
    "A vile lie," voluptuous model Maripily Rivera told a Puerto Rico TV station, the newspaper Primera Hora reported. "It's not true. It's a very delicate case." Rivera, who has been dating Alomar for six months, lashed out at Ilya Dall, the Queens woman who has filed a $15 million suit against the former Met. She claimed that when Dall broke up with Alomar in October, she told him: "I will destroy you."
    His new girlfriend said she's standing by him. "When you're on the side of truth, you have nothing to hide," the dark-haired bombshell said. "I support him and I love him more than ever."
    She said Alomar, who played for the Mets in 2002 and 2003, betrayed no sign of illness. "He has never gotten sick on me. We train together. And he has those beautiful, well-defined arms," she said.
    Dall declined to comment at her home in Whitestone, Queens - a $5 million mansion bought by a trust set up by Alomar...
    The suit does not say what treatment Alomar sought, but medical experts say retroviral drugs can work miracles with even advanced cases of AIDS. "Within months, you can drop the levels of virus in bloodstream to undetectable levels," said Dr. Antonio Urbina, medical director of the HIV/AIDS Education and Training Center at the city's St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

chris: it seems everything dall wanted to come out already has, which i imagine is why this thing was made public. at this point, it seems a little late for hush money from alomar. even though the court tossed out the adams/boggs lawsuit, boggs still paid adams some chump change at the very end to send her back under the rock from which she crawled. whatever happens in that courtroom will likely not be disclosed to the public anyway. i imagine that sealing the details will be a part of it all.

rudy.

Thanks for your input Rudy.

Wow Robbie looks really great for a person who has full blown aids.

I read in a story where his own Dad current Mets coach Sandy Alomar Sr. indicated he was surprised regarding this story and if Robbie had aids he kept it well hidden from his own family.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132009...ids_154979.htm

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/586964

why sue over something that's so easily proven or disproven? maybe it was a game of chicken with dall making threats to go public unless he paid some hush money and alomar calling her bluff.

rudy.

Rudy, there will be doctors' records from these appointments she claims they went to together, as well as records from all the testing that was supposedly done. That doctor or doctors would also likely testify in court to either corroborate or disprove her claims. That will be easy to prove or disprove. What she has said so far is just a teaser of what she could say in court, including sexual history, sexual preference, financial history, among a million other things. If she is a complete liar, Alomar will go to court and prove to everyone she is a liar. If he settles, it is because there is something he is trying to bury.

Can anyone in the know comment on the medical privacy issues related to this lawsuit? After all, leaking any sort of medical information is taken pretty seriously and it seems that filing suit and making these allegations is a quick way to skirt that.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Banned

Looks like the lawsuit is withdrawn - according to an article out today.

http://www.primerahora.com/diario/noticia/otras_panorama/noticias/ex_novia_de_roberto_alomar_no_tenia_pruebas/294861

Here's the translation:

The model and businesswoman Maripily in an exclusive interview with Primera Hora, confirmed that the application requesting $ 15 million brought by Ilya Dall against her boyfriend, former major league baseball player Roberto Alomar, had been withdrawn.
    On January 30, Dall Alomar sued because he allegedly asked her to have sex without condoms when they supposedly had the symptoms of immunodeficiency virus HIV.
    "It's the best gift of my mother, Robert is very quiet and happy. We knew that this was a lie from beginning to end and with faith in God is only expected when the lie came to public light. All this was a lie. Robert took the test went well and she had no proof, why since the beginning of the lawyer Robert said it was a frivolous claim.
    However, the family Alomar went through moments of sadness, tension and anxiety, a family that never before had been involved in public scandals.
    "Now that everything has finished, we are more united than ever. I always trusted him and knew that telling the truth. In the coming weeks we undertake. The ring I purchased is valued at $ 300,000. The godparents of the wedding are Sandy Alomar, brother of the groom, and the journalist Milly Cangiano, a friend of the bride. You know her? "He says while laughing with joy because everything was as she said months ago when the scandal exploded.
    "First we are going to be married by a judge in Las Vegas, then we will have more time for the church wedding. We want to be together and married. This time I have been with Robert in United States has confirmed to me that was the right thing to move. It is quieter. We have seen several houses. I am selling my apartment in Puerto Rico. Joe Joe is going to school here and we will be more peaceful, which is what we want both, "said Maripily."