X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNTtoys
    • Aug 2006

Re: Sports' All-Time Ugliest Uniforms

Originally posted by summergame52
    I wish to second that notion. After a few years of not following baseball, I returned to the fold in 1976. I saw the Sox drop a doubleheader in Baltimore that year. With Bill Veeck and Paul Richards returning to the White Sox that year, I hoped they could recapture some of the magic they had in the 1950s. It was not to be (by a longshot), but Veeck remains one of the all-time great promoters and idea men to this day.
    Who couldn't love Alan Bannister, Minnie Minoso, Chet the Jet, Bart Johnson, Buddy Bradford and the other has beens and never were's that comprised this team.

I would love to acquire a jersey from the 1976 to 1981 era. If anyone has any leads on one, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Tom,

A 1979 home white Claudell Washington just sold last week in MEARS' auction, for just under $500 (including buyers premium). This was actually a pretty good price, as they are usually in the ballpark of $600-800.

I actually have my eyes open for 2 other collectors, so I am always on the lookout for this style, so you can feel free to join the "list."

Nick
    TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• lon lewis
      • Sep 2006

If this came out right, this is my nomination for the ugliest uniform. It was worn for 1 game by the San Francisco Spiders hockey team ( IHL) in 1996 on what they called "Tye Dyed Night" These jerseys were auctioned off after the game.
      Attached Files

Comment

• camarokids
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by 500goals
        I rank my Colorado Caribous NASL Jersey's at the top of the heap.
        That looks like it should have been worn by the cheerleaders instead...

With those tassels, it kind of reminds of the shirt John Travolta's girlfriend wore towards the end of "Urban Cowboy".

Remember the one who played his rich hot girlfriend with the long black hair....Madolyn Smith Osborne is her name...Married to former NHL hockey player Mark Osborne.
        Thank you,
        David

This is my email address here!
        dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• godwulf
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by lon lewis
          If this came out right, this is my nomination for the ugliest uniform. It was worn for 1 game by the San Francisco Spiders hockey team ( IHL) in 1996 on what they called "Tye Dyed Night" These jerseys were auctioned off after the game.
          I can't post a photo of it at the moment, but I have a tie-dyed green, red and yellow South Bend Silver Hawks jersey that makes your Spiders jersey look downright conservative.
          Jeff
          godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• Yankwood
            • Nov 2005

How about this?

Comment

• JasonBanz
              • Oct 2008

I'm surprised these weren't mentioned. I read a similar article and these were mentioned. I personally liked them, it was something different.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	650004

Comment

• summergame52
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TNTtoys
                Tom,

A 1979 home white Claudell Washington just sold last week in MEARS' auction, for just under $500 (including buyers premium). This was actually a pretty good price, as they are usually in the ballpark of $600-800.

I actually have my eyes open for 2 other collectors, so I am always on the lookout for this style, so you can feel free to join the "list."

Nick
                TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
                Thanks Nick.
                I appreciate the Mears auction info. That jersey looked like it is in very
                nice condition. It gives me a good indication of an approximate price.
                If you want to add me to the list, feel free.
                Tom
                tomndeb787@comcast.net

Comment

• TNTtoys
                  • Aug 2006

Definitely not a winner, but it's surely gotta be a runner up!
                  Attached Files
                  Looking for ...
                  Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                  Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                  Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• BULBUS
                    • Nov 2005

In the spirit of March Madness:

Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
                    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                    sigpic
                    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

Working...