Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problems Pro-Am Sports, Wayne Otto, and www.gamewornuniforms.com

Hello Everyone,

I have held off as long as I can with Wayne Otto and www.gamewornuniforms.com and I have finally blown my top!

I purchased my first game worn jersey and it was from Wayne Otto. The experience was great and I received my jersey very quickly. It is a great jersey and I will keep it forever. This has started my addiction to collecting game worn jerseys! This led me to purchase 2 additional jerseys from Wayne. After I received the jerseys, I did some research and found out that neither of the 2 jerseys were game worn (as advertised) because the players never played for the teams during the time that the year tags displayed. I have a feeling that they were game issued. I asked if I could return the jerseys and was told that I could. I sent the jerseys back and now is when the problems begin...

I sent the jersey's back to them around Christmas so I can understand that there might be a delay in processing the return and crediting my paypal account. Here it is February 11, and I have still not received my money back. They have told me numerous times that they do not have any money in their Paypal account and as soon as they do, they will send the money back. This excuse has lasted almost 2 months and I find it hard to believe that with the amount of inventory on their website that they have not sold anything from their website on Paypal.

They have also lied to me on numerous occasions that they would process the money on Friday, or check your paypal account either later this afternoon or in the morning and the return will be in my Paypal account.

I am not the kind of person to air dirty laundry about a company, but enough is enough. Wayne, please return my $650.

I am looking for suggestions on how to get my money back. Hopefully Wayne will read this post and do the right thing and pay my money back.

Has anyone else had any problems with Wayne and www.gamewornuniforms.com ?

Mr.3000

Re: Problems Pro-Am Sports, Wayne Otto, and www.gamewornuniforms.com

Sorry to hear of your situation. Hopefully all is made right as soon as possible.

Yes, I bought a game-used Detroit Tigers jersey from them (and had asked about purchasing 3 others to see if I could get a discount) last August. He said they do not give discounts for multiple purchases.

After I had paid, I waited two weeks and sent a few e-mails that were never returned. Finally, on the 28th, he e-mailed back and said they couldn't find it (even though it was on their website still). He asked if there was another jersey I wanted in replacement. I said no and asked for a refund. It took another week or two for the refund to come back (nothing like what you are dealing with.

So, I turned around last month and bought a Tigers jersey from ksavagecards on 1/22/09. I got the jersey on 1/28/09. Fast service!

Kyle

Do a chargeback or file a complaint through paypal. Your funds would have been in your account by now. Looks like there playing the waiting game so time will expire for a chargeback. Good Luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Looking for Cincinnati Reds Game Used.....Please help me !!! kentuckywildcatzz@hotmail.com

A couple years ago I placed an order for a jersey listed on their website. Upon communicating with them it seems the jersey was either previously sold or misplaced (they didn't know which) thus no longer available. I was eventually refunded but I checked a year later and the jersey was still listed on their site. Best of luck in obtaining your refund which shouldn't be too much of a problem is you file a paypal claim.

I bought a couple of game used NFL jerseys from them awhile back and both transactions went very well. Nice jerseys and great customer service. Wayne Otto even game me a 10% discount and free shipping on one of the jerseys. I inquired about a baseball jersey a couple of weeks after, got one follow-up e-mail saying they would have to look for the jesey in their warehouse and never received a follow-up to that inquiry or subsequent ones. Very strange to say the least.

They do have some nice stuff but I do know their on-line inventory is never updated. Both jerseys I purchased from them are still listed on-line.

I hope things work out for the best.

Pay Pal is a joke.... I recently went through something similar...since I didn't purchase it through eBay, Pay Pal told me they would not cover it! Therefore, I will ONLY use Pay Pal with my credit card so I am at least covered through the credit card company for a refund if the seller refuses to issue it...

Just called them and Wayne is out until Monday. I was told that David would talk to him again on Monday about processing the return. I'll keep everyone updated on the status...

So you can't reach him today, but he'll be there Monday, a national holiday? Good luck!

ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I just received my refund...

It's amazing how quickly things happen when you post things here!!