Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Why Must Arod Answer These Questions?

With Arod amitting he used performance ehancing drugs from 2001-2203, and other than people just wanting to know more details, why must he have to explain himself any further and/or answer these questions?

He did it. He admitted it.

Just curious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Re: Why Must Arod Answer These Questions?

I'm guessing alot of these guys hold back thinking if they admit; ultimately questions will lead to the desire ti give up names of their colleagues. Probably the reason why McGwire said nothing. I believe you can man up and do it like Arod did, and Mac should have.

Although I'm not an Arod guy at all, just never cared for him, I give him credit for talking. I've always been a Mac fan, but remain to this day hugely disapointed at his actions or lack thereof...

We all enjoy the game to escape our own problems. Funny how problems are everywhere. Shows us these guys with all the dough live in glass or ice houses.....

Peace-
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I've always been a Mac fan, but remain to this day hugely disapointed at his actions or lack thereof...

Peace-
    I am a huge Mac fan too and give him credit for being the 1st player to discuss PED's (albeit those PED's he was questioned about were legal in 1998) back in August 1998 when reporters questioned him about the Creatine and Andro cans he had sitting in his locker.

I'm just happy that he didn't lie to Congress so in the future when he is ready to talk, which he will probably do at some point, I would expect the whole truth.

ARod set himself up in the Katie Couric interview with a lie back then and I agree that you got the surface of the truth and maybe not the whole truth.

The next chapter is HGH. If I were MLB, I would keep samples on file so when a test for HGH is developed, they can go back as far as necessary and test for it.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    With Arod amitting he used performance ehancing drugs from 2001-2203, and other than people just wanting to know more details, why must he have to explain himself any further and/or answer these questions?

He did it. He admitted it.

Just curious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

I think its pretty obvious why? HES AROD

The questions that are being asked are by a M.D. which I am sure can give more insight to the details by asking those spcific questions, for possibly health issues and such.
    Not to mention as the other member here mentioned to hopefully tip them off to others using, where it came from, and such.

You can't expect after probably one of, if not thee best baseball players ever (in his own personal stats) - to admit to taking PED's and there isn't going to be media hounding, questions, scrutiny for a while after. It is not going to go away a day later.

Doesn't work that way.

if you are a high school student who hacked into a school computer and changed your grades and then later admit it, i guess the principal would want to know exactly how you did it, whether it was an isolated situation, or whether you had help in doing it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    if you are a high school student who hacked into a school computer and changed your grades and then later admit it, i guess the principal would want to know exactly how you did it, whether it was an isolated situation, or whether you had help in doing it.
    Good analogy. It's one thing to admit guilt and then clam up and not help anyone to understand and hopefully fix or minimize the problem, and another to show true contrition by coming clean about it and then taking your medicine (so to speak) by being put on the spot to answer all manner of uncomfortable and potentially embarrassing questions.

Then, too, MLB has yet to decide whether - and if so, how - ARod will be disciplined, and a contrite and humble (and cooperative) attitude may help his cause in that regard.