Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Mark GASTINEAu jersey on e-Bay

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers View Post
    I stare at this auction everytime it is relisted. Been looking for #99 for a long while - wish this one were legit . . .
    I think most of us have been there and done that at some point...seeing a questionable item of a player/team we have wanted for a long while and wishing it was legit. I have been burned a couple times "hoping" but in time I have learned patience is a virtue. What Jets collector in their 30's and up wouldn't want a legit Gastineau gamer? They are tough to come by but I have seen a couple beauts floating around out there and when you see one you'll definitely have a better feeling. My advice is before you shell out any big $ (and make no mistake, for a legit Gastineau gamer you will have to shell out BIG $$$) is to check check check and check again all available resources. I am fortunate to have most 1980 Jets games on video and literally hundreds upon hundreds of Jets publications/photographs and other resources not to mention several gamers from the era. Sometimes you'll find an anomoly that you would have never thought existed but after checking amazingly it does. The lower case u on the GASTINEAu NOB just isn't one of them IMHO. Like NEFAN I think the whole NOB looks quite different from what the Jets actually wore on the field. Best of luck in all your collecting endeavors.

Back for yet another round so thought it would be valuable to keep the thread alive as long as this piece keeps surfacing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Gastineau-g...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Not to get off subject, but, the Huggins & Scott items are awesome items except for the autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Not really but at least the NOB is correct.

Just a quick rudimentary look at this helmet...I cannot find any support that Gastineau ever wore a high hookup chin strap on any of his helmets from 1979-1988. And I will leave the jersey alone, and let the real experts talk about that. Lets just say it's lacking some stripes.

Banned

It's BAAAAACK!

Running til a bit after 4PM PDT Sunday, still at $750 or best offer, still with no takers.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

Like a bad penny, this dud keeps turning up on eBay...it's there again . Same seller, same price...who dropped this guy on his head when he was a kid?

Dave M.
    Chicago area