Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mark GASTINEAu jersey on e-Bay

I have received a few e-mail inquiries regarding the Mark Gastineau jersey currently listed on e-Bay. Thanks to those who think of me as worthy of offering some insight. I enjoy helping, sharing, learning, and of course talking Jets football and collecting. With that said, to those who e-mailed please do not take my no comment as negative. I am a bit conflicted as I know, like, and have communicated with the seller regarding this piece and why I feel there is issue with it. However, after consideration I also feel it is my obligation to fellow collectors, potential bidders, and to the hobby to open a discussion for interested parties. So moving on: I personally have never seen any authentic Jets game worn jersey from said era (or any era for that matter), no matter the player, ever have that type of NOB font, especially as it pertains to the lower case letter U as seen on the Gastineau jersey for sale. While, as some know, I have a very extensive (probably too extensive) NY Jets resource library, this is all just food for thought in an attempt to be helpful in pointing out a peculiarity regarding the Gastineau NOB. I am not stating an opinion on this jersey one way or the other (other to say the NOB font is unusual) nor am I questioning anyone's integrity, opinions, knowledge, etc... rather simply opening up a discussion. Maybe somebody might know, have seen, and have evidence of a Jets game in which any player had this peculiar lower case u in the NOB font? In the early 80's one could purchase an authentic jersey directly from the club (which I did) with proper cut and tagging with the only difference being number and NOB font. Either way I would strongly suggest that anyone considering bidding do their due diligence regarding this issue prior to making any commitments. Best of luck to all and happy collecting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Gastineau-g...QQcmdZViewItem
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Mark GASTINEAu jersey on e-Bay

And to disclose any possible plagiarism, thanks to a previous G1X post for helping me find the words so as to not to step on anyone's toes :-)

Banned

That 3rd image of the jersey looks like something that should be posted on April 1st.

The third image is a game worn 1984 Rusty Guilbeau AFL 25th anniversary jersey from my personal collection, posted for NOB font reference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    The third image is a game worn 1984 Rusty Guilbeau AFL 25th anniversary jersey from my personal collection, posted for NOB font reference.
    Cool, I never heard of him. I thought is was a cross between Gastineau and Gullible!

As long as this jersey keeps popping up I guess we should keep this thread alive to alert interested parties.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Gastineau-g...QQcmdZViewItem

still listed, hopefully this thread has assisted somebody in making a smart decision.

Looks like a 5 year old cut out those name letters.

I stare at this auction everytime it is relisted. Been looking for #99 for a long while - wish this one were legit . . .