Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Question Is it strange...?

Calling all glove experts, is it strange for a player not to have his name embroidered on a game-used fielder's glove?

Check out this eBay auction.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Is it strange...?

I don't believe it is strange to be lacking the name on a glove. In addition, this glove comes with a COA from Locker Room Memorabilia. I believe they are one of the best for their niche in the market. They don't just pass of junk like some of the others. They include a photo of the player signing the item, and have the player sign off as to what the item is.

I have an Aubrey Huff glove in my collection that does not have his name on it. In addition, I've been searching for minor league gloves and they lack the name, as well. Considering this is a rookie glove, it makes sense that it lacks a name. Just my 2 cents.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Quote Originally Posted by ahuff View Post
    I don't believe it is strange to be lacking the name on a glove. In addition, this glove comes with a COA from Locker Room Memorabilia. I believe they are one of the best for their niche in the market. They don't just pass of junk like some of the others. They include a photo of the player signing the item, and have the player sign off as to what the item is.

I have an Aubrey Huff glove in my collection that does not have his name on it. In addition, I've been searching for minor league gloves and they lack the name, as well. Considering this is a rookie glove, it makes sense that it lacks a name. Just my 2 cents.
    During warm-ups I have seen some players use some gloves that were their backup gloves and even gloves they were testing out that had no name embroidered. I suppose they could sell it as game used.?.?.

I just saw a similar glove auction for Tim Redding on eBay that ended yesterday and it was auto'd with no name embroidered.

As far as preferences, I would rather get gloves with the player's name embroidered on them.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Not all players have there name embroidered on the glove. I believe that is more common if the player has a contract with that particular company.

But just as players are supersticious they may want to stick to using the same glove they have been using for years or so and may have bought the glove themselves before they became a known player. So they may have the glove before a contract was presented to them.

Banned

Thanks for checking out my auction. I'm no glove expert, just going on the reputation of LRM and CJ. Here are a few more pics from some ball cards.

Still cool to see the same glove on his rookie cards.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Can anyone else find this same glove on another card?