Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dr. J. Game Shoes

These shoes were offered in a lot by GFC as unused/game issue.

eBayer masauction bought the lot, split it up and sold the shoes on eBay...still as unused/game issue

Board member 33bird bought the shoes from masauction and actually asked me some questions regarding the style, year, etc. That info looks to have been used in his auction description.

Now that board member just sold the shoes as game used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JULIUS-DR-J-ERVI...QQcmdZViewItem

If the situation were reversed and a board member sold an unused item that was now listed by an auction house as game used, I think there'd probably be a thread about it. And rightly so.

So, I felt this was worthy of mention.

I don't have any beef with any of the aforementioned folks above, although I've exchanged emails with all of them at some point over the years.

It will be interesting to see if these shoes show up at another auction house, now advertised as gamers.

Re: Dr. J. Game Shoes

I am not a shoe collector or have any interest in these, nor do I have anything against anyone who has had them before, but how can someone spend $832.00 on these and think they are game used? They look like the came out of the box! Not one sign of a crease or wear, which I think would be evident if you're running up and down the court and I'm sure back then, these shoes would have been worn for many games....just my two cents...

33bird just made a post on a Kukoc jersey he got someone might want to ask him whats going on before making these statements. Maybe he had 2 pairs of Dr. J's. 33bird has been solid in the past and want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

33bird just made a post on a Kukoc jersey he got someone might want to ask him whats going on before making these statements.
    I exchanged emails with both 33bird and masauction while the auction was running. I'm guessing 33bird would have mentioned it, if these were different shoes.

Banned

Don't believe they were misrepresented. I had them at LIGHT use, which I believe they have. There were creases in the toes and some other marks that led me to believe, when I got them, that they were used-not issued. Maybe practice or for a game or two, but they're definately not just issued or right out of the box. I told the winner if he doesn't agree with me he can return them. I have a 7 day refund on all the auctions I run.
    Greg

33 bird that is a very slippery slope. If something has been sold previously by a major auction house as issued unless you can provide documentation to the contrary IE photo or video match IMO I dont' think we as collectors can or should reinvent the wheel and say they show light use. I realize that peoples standards differ but the fact of the matter is they were sold as issued and unless you have proof to the contrary I fell they should have been resold in the same manner.

Banned

Like I said: I think they show some use, if buyer doesn't agree, full refund. I'd be happy to have them back if I'm wrong.

And I guess GFC and masauction missed the light use on these too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIN-HAYES-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Show me the Grey Flannel or auction house they originated from with pictures? Never knew any of that info. Just bought them from another collector on ebay. I've shared this info with the winner and they can return them for full refund if they don't agree with me. No harm no foul. I have perfect feedback as a buyer and seller and have never had a problem in here either. Sounds like sourgrapes from Otis Malibu that he didn't win them, because he contacted me with interest in them before they ended.

Sounds like sourgrapes from Otis Malibu that he didn't win them, because he contacted me with interest in them before they ended.
    Actually, I first contacted you to ask if you were going to honor the high bid regardless of what it was (auction was still around $100). If a guy will add some use to the description, you never know what else might be done to help make his number.

And then I told you I'd bid about $300 based on the fact that I didn't think they were used and neither did the guy that sold them to you.

No sour grapes. I can get unused shoes at Footlocker.