Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I need help with jersey

i was wondering if someone could help me i have the oppurtunity to purchase a matsui yankees jersey that looks right all patches etc.... but it has his name on the back i was wondering if the yankees ever put the names on the back of there jerseys i dont think they have i strolled over to getty and couldnt find any pictures im new to jerseys but i have collected bats for about 8 years also if someone could help me i have a derek jeter gamer that is black genuine p72 derek jeter signature style no underline but it does not have the mlb or tpx log on the back of the barrel i recently tried to sell this bat on ebay and the winning bidder backed out telling me it was store bought that you can buy them through steiner with no underline ...... if someone could help put that to rest it would be appreciated i sent a message to Vince Malta but i have not recieved a response yet i can post pictures if needed of the Jeter bat however i dont have pictures of the matsui jersey thanks guys any help will help !

Banned

Re: I need help with jersey

Yankees never put names on the back of Jerseys. It is interesting though someone is actually trying to sell it as game used. lol lol.

I am curious what patches does it show?

As far as the Jeter bat, Steiner does sell them as professional model. I am not sure if they only sell with the autograph or offer both with or with out the autograph.

The Yankees have NEVER put name on their jerseys.

No, you can not buy a Jeter replica bat from Steiner without the line under the 125. They do sell game issued Jeter bats.

well my dad is actually going to relook at the matsui right now im standing by for a phone call he said it has patches on both sleeves from what he can remember seeing last time and it is a size 52 as for the jeter bat it shows jeters characteristic use ive have had it for a while i have owened about 4-5 jeter bats since i have been collecting and this is the same as all the others also does anyone know what a 1996 yankees world series black bat may be worth and a 1951 and 1952 yankees world series black bats i own those also the 51 actually has mantles name in block letters on it the 52 has it signature style

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post

No, you can not buy a Jeter replica bat from Steiner without the line under the 125. They do sell game issued Jeter bats.
    That's actually not true.

They sell game model bats of Jeters with out the line.

You can find them on ebay or even on there own website.

The photos of the ones on ebay and on there own site are hard to tell but if you pay close attention you can see there is no line under the 125.

I believe those black bats are worth quite a bit, especially those 50's bats. Not sure on a $ value though. You can search past auctions for prices.

Banned

Patches on the sleeves don't really mean anything. Yes it does help if your possibly looking for a particular year of a player used jersey.

But patches such as World Series, All Star Games, Final Seasons, etc...... Can always be added and can be retail Jerseys as they also come with patches.

The first things to try to help you indicate is the actual inner tagging and if it was stitched on via manufacturer or if someone tried to alter it themselves by adding it over the manufacturers stitching.

Again if it has the name on the back, the patches are irrelevant!!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    That's actually not true.

They sell game model bats of Jeters with out the line.

You can find them on ebay or even on there own website.

The photos of the ones on ebay and on there own site are hard to tell but if you pay close attention you can see there is no line under the 125.
    I disagree, I've seen Steiner sell "game model" and "game issued" bats. The game model bats have the line under the 125 and you can see the grain through the finish. They also sell game issued bats with are exactly the same as Jeter take to the plate, no line, smooth black finish (no grain visable).

this is the only jeter bat i could currently find on ebay that is not signed stating game model and it does have under line also i believe mine is smith finish not just black were you can see the grain really well
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270284998550&indexURL= 0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Banned

Bulbus well the models they show on ebay and on there own site show no line.

I am not sure what you mean by the grain, as I have seen grain showing on both game used and promotional models. So I am not sure how that plays into it.