Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

first thing you do?

after you get your new game used item in the mail besides opening it whats the first thing you do?

mike

Re: first thing you do?

post photos to show everyone here lol well at least that's what I did with my first game used item.

If its a jersey, TRY IT ON!

When I got my posada gamer which was loaded with pine tar I felt the need to sniff the tar...sounds stalkerish

Banned

Gameu08 I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I am sure pine tar isn't what you were sniffing lol lol

I don't know if you are aware but Posada goes pee-pee on his hands

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I don't know if you are aware but Posada goes pee-pee on his hands
    Yup, it toughens the skin or something. It must work though, he is one of the few that doesnt wear batting gloves. Enjoy the smell

haha I do know that but didnt smell any urine just pine tar. I think alou pees on his hands too....nasty

Unless the bat is falling apart, I take a couple of swings with it. I then inspect it for cleat marks, ball marks, any damage that was not mentioned (been lucky so far) and then I make a futile attempt to photomatch it. Holding them when I'm tense, anxious, agitated, restless etc tends to calm me down. My bats are my therapy. I'm not violent so I won't be smashing anything and if I ever was to, I promise not to ever auction it off like some people (Charlie Sheen)

Vladimir Guerrero does this as well I've heard... Watch out for those "no batting gloves" guys!

To keep on topic, I usually feel the weight of it for a few minutes, look at the ball marks/use on it, etc. New bats sit by the couch for a couple days until the "new" has worn off. Then, they go to the rack...

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane80 View Post
    Unless the bat is falling apart, I take a couple of swings with it. I then inspect it for cleat marks, ball marks, any damage that was not mentioned (been lucky so far) and then I make a futile attempt to photomatch it. Holding them when I'm tense, anxious, agitated, restless etc tends to calm me down. My bats are my therapy. I'm not violent so I won't be smashing anything and if I ever was to, I promise not to ever auction it off like some people (Charlie Sheen)
    you might want to inspect it for damage before you swing it!