Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post eBay Frustrated Seller Auctions Here!

I know eBay has turned into a tough place to make a buck... But boy, some sellers seem to be just plain crazy. Take, for example, this auction for a Denver Gold "game used" helmet. Just read this guy's description:

Hi All: This item is a rarity. If you were a fan of the USFL, this is a must-have. It is a Denver Gold game worn helmet which is either from the 1983 or 1984 season. (In 1985, the Gold ditched the metallic gold for yellow gold and removed the center stripe). The helmet shows game use both inside and outside. As for player markings, I haven't found any, but rest assured, I have never seen any "mock-ups" (repainted helmets to look like the original). You will rarely see anything game worn this cheap. Also I need to ask a favor. If you are just looking, please don't watch the item. It does you no good and it frustrates me. And please do not question the price or my knowledge of the USFL. I covered the league and had season tickets to the Generals. You are getting a bargain as compared to two other helmets being sold - a Blitz and a Panthers helmet. One patron said he wouldn't give me x amount (eextremely low) because "Denver sucked and Chicago was good." Um, the Blitz barely finished the league's second season and were disbanded for year three (an expansion franchise was granted to then ChiSox owner Eddie Einhorn). Denver was a sub - .500 club the first two seasons (near .500 both seasons) and made the playoffs in year 3, only to lose to Memphis. Former Bears QB Vince Evans would have set records in the run and shoot offense had it not been for Jim Kelly in Houston. Shipping for this item will be $25 via US Priority mail, but I can send this to you any way you'd like. No refunds, no returns.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Football-He...QQcmdZViewItem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Talking Re: Post eBay Frustrated Seller Auctions Here!

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    I know eBay has turned into a tough place to make a buck... But boy, some sellers seem to be just plain crazy. Take, for example, this auction for a Denver Gold "game used" helmet. Just read this guy's description:

Hi All: This item is a rarity. If you were a fan of the USFL, this is a must-have. It is a Denver Gold game worn helmet which is either from the 1983 or 1984 season. (In 1985, the Gold ditched the metallic gold for yellow gold and removed the center stripe). The helmet shows game use both inside and outside. As for player markings, I haven't found any, but rest assured, I have never seen any "mock-ups" (repainted helmets to look like the original). You will rarely see anything game worn this cheap. Also I need to ask a favor. If you are just looking, please don't watch the item. It does you no good and it frustrates me. And please do not question the price or my knowledge of the USFL. I covered the league and had season tickets to the Generals. You are getting a bargain as compared to two other helmets being sold - a Blitz and a Panthers helmet. One patron said he wouldn't give me x amount (eextremely low) because "Denver sucked and Chicago was good." Um, the Blitz barely finished the league's second season and were disbanded for year three (an expansion franchise was granted to then ChiSox owner Eddie Einhorn). Denver was a sub - .500 club the first two seasons (near .500 both seasons) and made the playoffs in year 3, only to lose to Memphis. Former Bears QB Vince Evans would have set records in the run and shoot offense had it not been for Jim Kelly in Houston. Shipping for this item will be $25 via US Priority mail, but I can send this to you any way you'd like. No refunds, no returns.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Football-He...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know about anybody else but that auction is just a screaming invitation to add this it to my watch list.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Re: Post eBay Frustrated Seller Auctions Here!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    I don't know about anybody else but that auction is just a screaming invitation to add this it to my watch list.
    Exactly what I was thinking!

I hit it.

we should all watch it just to piss him off....
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    Done.

wow,how old are we? ....i used to be a seller on ebay and i know what this seller is talking about,that watch thing gives you a false sense of how many people are intertested in your item and how mnay possible bidders you might have on it,i think its a stubid feature,you see all those people watching it,thinking they are going to bid,i mean why watch if youre not going to........but then theres alot about ebay that is stubid,its why i dont sell on there anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    wow,how old are we? ....i used to be a seller on ebay and i know what this seller is talking about,that watch thing gives you a false sense of how many people are intertested in your item and how mnay possible bidders you might have on it,i think its a stubid feature,you see all those people watching it,thinking they are going to bid,i mean why watch if youre not going to........but then theres alot about ebay that is stubid,its why i dont sell on there anymore...
    Wow! We wouldn't want to deal with "false sense of how many people are interested" would we?...are we hyper-sensitive society or what?
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

im sorry,i just dont see the humor with messing with someone like this,the person is just asking if youre not interested,dont watch the item,and you guys are saying,really,this person doesnt want us to watch it if we dont intend to bid on it,well then lets watch it then,why?,just to be mean and play with the seller...yeah,that's funny...i mean come on,the person is just trying to sell a item and in these days of tough times,i just think it's not funny to play childess games with someone like that....but then i'm just being "hyper senstive",cause i fail to see why you would even want to do this,whats the point of it?....i sure hope you're not looking to sell something and have someone do this to you........and you can call me hyper sensitive,but i call it being a adult.... i came off the playground along time ago ........
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Wow! We wouldn't want to deal with "false sense of how many people are interested" would we?...are we hyper-sensitive society or what?

Banned

Jobathenut, I'm with you on this one.

Sellers put up with enough garbage from eBay and loser bidders, now these guys want to heap more on.

For what purpose, other then to be ........?