Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Help to ID a game used browns jersey

Thanks Mark! So you think the Falcons is bad as well? Shoot, I was hoping I found a minor gem with these two. I do think the Moten is good as it has the crotch flap. Is your guess this Falcons is store purchased and made to look game used or a later game used to look like a metcalf? thanks again Mark and Jason!

Jason,

The Falcons last wore Russell in 1996. They switched to Reebok in 1997, Nike in 1999, and back to Reebok in 2001. Also, the Falcons sleeve logo was sewn-on starting in 1997. The style of the #2 remained basically the same font style as the Russell jerseys.

Strictly speaking in terms of style matching, collecting modern era jerseys is a bit easier as there are a lot of photos available via the internet (Getty Images, etc.). I recommend viewing as many photos as possible and asking questions in this Forum before making a purchase whenever you have doubts.

Hope this information is helpful. Feel free to contact me at gixc@verizon.net if you need to discuss further.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    Thanks Mark! So you think the Falcons is bad as well? Shoot, I was hoping I found a minor gem with these two. I do think the Moten is good as it has the crotch flap. Is your guess this Falcons is store purchased and made to look game used or a later game used to look like a metcalf? thanks again Mark and Jason!

From the photos, the Moten looks like the real deal. Correct supplier, proper tagging, lineman sleeves, crotchpiece. What's the source on it?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

a novice collector in toronto, so no real COAs or anything. He wasn't asking much for any, at least I thought fair pricing, but didn't want to get stuck with store-boughts. I appreciate all the help and may just get the Moten since that seems the onyl real deal