Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Exclamation Wally Joyner Game Used Rookie Bat? Looking forward and excited about Expert Info!!

Ok, so i had a new Diamondback Pro Trick Bike that i never used so i put it on craigslist for trade...long story short i ended up with a 1915 Spanish Ruby Pistol, and a Wally Joyner Game used bat. He actually pulled the bat out of the truck and was like "here Have this too!" I was like wow cool sooo. The guy didnt say anything about what year it was from, or anything like even if it was game used. Just said my cousin IS Wally Joyner and this is one of his bats! do i beleive it, I dont know. So this is a mystery for you guys with a wealth of knowledge to look at. I will post pics if people are interested. So i dont know aht year the Blond LS is from as all the bats i own a recent bats. The autogragh says, "Steve, Best Wishes, Wally Joyner" They WIERD thing is right below it in some substance ive never seen before is written "1986". Geuss it looks like old Marker, but not the same marker as the inscription is in. Another this is that there is no team, it just says Wally Joyner and then Louisville Slugger under it. AND wally Joyner is in cursive not block lettering. These clues from what i know usually mean to me that this would be a reproduction bat...as far as how bats are recently, and if the name is not in block letter and in cursive then its prolly not from 1986 his rookie year as i dont think Louiswill Slugger would have his fasmile auto on the bats that fast.
    There is old tape on the bat, along with the #21 on the knob. I JUST NOTICED, there seems to be a hairline crack right through the middle of the handle. There is one or two rack marks...so markk marks, ALSO is a #21 on the top of the bat almost fading. The one other cool thing is that there is a PEREFCT transfer of backwards words from a ball on the bat. Maybe the words of the ball could date it too. Anyhow im going to take good pics here. I know this bat isnt worth anything but im excited to learn about it cause i got it in a pretty cool way from a guy that didnt seem to care about the bat or the history. So ANYONE...what do you think!!!!!!!!! I really appreate any info....pictures in about 5 min

dan

Re: Wally Joyner Game Used Rookie Bat? Looking forward and excited about Expert Info!!

Ok im getting a little excited...i just found out that Wally Joyner WAS number 21 when he was with the Angels during that time. Here are the pictures. I couldnt find out how to edit my post and put them in the first post so here they are...hope this works...Hope someone is up now to talk with me about this...thanks everyone

here they are

Re: Wally Joyner Game Used Rookie Bat? Looking forward and excited about Expert Info!!

The ball marks look like it says All Star. Maybe an All Star game used bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    The ball marks look like it says All Star. Maybe an All Star game used bat.
    The ball mark doesn't say All Star.......those are partial letters from an OAL baseball ("LL" from ball & "eague" from league). The All Star Game that year was in Houston and I believe the markings on balls that year were red.

Sweet there we go...getting some people to respond and begining to investigate this bat...lets keep it going anyone else...Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

I would agree that it looks like an OAL ball transfer, but I believe the 86 all star game did use baseballs with blue ink.
    Attached Images Attached Images