Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shipping to Canada Question

I usually don't ship to Canada but was wondering what would be the best carrier/method and also what it usually costs to ship a jersey. Any help would be appreciated.
    kelly

Re: Shipping to Canada Question

For ease of shipment and cost, definitely the good ole USPS.

I ship all domestic using Fedex but worth the drive to the Post Office for packages to Canada.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

I would check the rate for a 2 pound package to Canada at USPS.com. I would only use Priority Mail International, as it includes tracking and some insurance (I believe $80.00 built-in and you can add more in person at the post office).

I would pay and print my shipping labels and custom forums at home (you need to install java which if you don't already have you should have anyway) as you save a little over at the post office prices.

Also - and I know this sounds a little risky - you should consult your shipping partner and see if they want the item insured for full value.

The reason being is you will have to fill out a green customs form and declare the value of the item and your shipping partner in Canada has to pay taxes on the value and type of item.

On smaller things, if you mark it as a gift with a value of $25 or less, there is no tax. Anything over $25 and marked other than gift will cost them when they receive the item.

- Chris

FYI, when shipping to Canada or overseas always stipulate the buyer pays any and all taxes(levies)......

You cannot do tracking to Canada.....USPS does not offer, but Canada Post does offer when shipping to the USA...go figure....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

USPS is the best approach when shipping to Canada in my opinion. The standard airmail is always fairly quick.

UPS & Fedex have fairly high duty fees for Canadian buyers on receiving packages that are marked a high value and not marked as a gift.

UPS is a complete ripoff with regard to the duty/tax they charge on arriving packages. Avoid them if possible!

Question about shipping to Canada

I currently have a jersey on eBay that a Canada bidder is interested in purchasing and I have no idea how to go about shipping anything to Canada. Therefore, I have no idea what to charge him/her for shipping.

Can anyone provide any insight on what it will cost to send something to Canada via USPS Priority Mail?

I used the USPS online shipping estimator and the price that I given seems a little high because I quoted the price that I thought was accurate and my prospective buyer said that it was about $10 more than he is usually charged for shipping.

Will it be easier/cheaper to send something via First Class Mail over Priority Mail or vice versa?

Thanks!
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Banned

Re: Question about shipping to Canada

I don't ship to Canada. Don't trust them. Too many people in Canada file charge backs.

I lost a few of my favorite Josh Hamilton items shipping to a scammer in Canada who never emailed me with any problems and then 2 months later filed a claim that they were never received. I lost my items and had to refund him his money. Bad experience to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    I don't ship to Canada. Don't trust them. Too many people in Canada file charge backs.
    Easy guys..let's not discriminate...at least, just one way. I am a Canuck that has sold and bought on Ebay for over 10 years and as most of my customers are from the States, most of the few issues I have had is with US buyers, who can get upset when the itms doesn't arrive within 3 days of it being sent.

Items crossing the border (both ways) have to clear US or Canadian Customs which slows shipping. Canadian postal rates are more expensive (even considering exchanges rates) than in the US and I typically have to charge less than I spend on shipping things Expedited (4-10 business day delivery), and even that can be more than my US customers think is fair.

Chargebacks and rip-offs? Right now, I have filed a chargeback against a US seller for an item I paid over $300 US for, in Sept. and have not recieved. This is the first US-buyer related chargeback I have ever filed (thousands of transactions). Also, I won three things this past month (all US sellers) and one hasn't arrived (30 days have passed), one came in a ripped, shoddy envelope and the seller charged me $13 in excess shipping!

Please understand that it goes both ways.

Back to your question. Typically I have paid $15 for a jersey or up to $20 for a bat to reach me in Canada, from all over the States.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca