Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mickey Mantle game used bat

160316457852 on ebay....let the bidding begin!

Re: Mickey Mantle game used bat

No way Jose!

Finally, one the card companies can chop up for their silly insert/chase cards and I could care less!

Surely that wasn't a real game used bat. a "flea market find"?? Since no one bid I'm gonna assume it wasn't.

No, that ranks up there as the biggest piece of crap....both item and seller.

And yes, it did sell with one bidder. Shoulda did their homework. I dont feel bad for them one bit.

Hunt's live auction has a Mantle bat (item #647). Not sure if they are saying it's a "game used bat by Mantle" or not. I inquired, but no response. All it says is that it is a "Mickey Mantle professional model baseball bat."

It has a Mears LOA, but the description is unclear. Shameful how these auction houses hedge their representations. With the picture in the catalogue, they certainly imply that it's a game used Mantle bat. Asking $3,000-$4,000.

Hunt Auctions has ALWAYS listed their game used bats like that; they never come out and say "Mantle used this bat." I guess that's because you really can never say 100% with any vintage bat.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

At least they should state the Mear's grade. If it's yet another "A5" they should indicate that in the description. "Hey, bidder, there's a 50/50 chance this thing is what you really want, 'a game used Mickey Mantle bat' just like this picture here."

Quote Originally Posted by encinorick View Post
    Hunt's live auction has a Mantle bat (item #647). Not sure if they are saying it's a "game used bat by Mantle" or not. I inquired, but no response. All it says is that it is a "Mickey Mantle professional model baseball bat."

It has a Mears LOA, but the description is unclear. Shameful how these auction houses hedge their representations. With the picture in the catalogue, they certainly imply that it's a game used Mantle bat. Asking $3,000-$4,000.
    According to the MEARS #d sticker the final grade of the bat is an A8. They are not asking $3-4K it is the estimate. Probably due to the restoration work.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !