Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Mastro Classic Collector Online Auction

Beyond catalog costs, I suspect many of the high end auction houses have an up front charge and take your credit card to ensure that bidders are serious. They don't want to have the anonymous non-payers like you find on eBay.

One last thing. I have seen Mastro's warts, but always received good service from them as a bidder-- good shipping, etc.

I'd be very careful with Mastro auctions. In the past, their catalogue descriptions exaggareted the statements made in the accompanying third party LOA's, such as Mears and PSA/DNA. Their descriptions are more "expansive" and entice the reader the believe more than what the experts say. Now, they issue their own LOA's to item. I say "Let the Bidder Beware!"

Banned

.....and don't forget, if you want an authentication letter for the autographs they sell, you have to pay for it.

Does that mean if it fails authentication, I still own it?

Indeed. It's truly amazing what's going on with these auction houses. Vintage does the same thing, they'll give you a "preliminary" LOA, but, if you want a "full" LOA you have to go to PSA/DNA or Mears and pay extra. And of course there is no guarantees that they'll pass.

Never had a problem with Lelands or Robert Edwards....and GUU, by the way.

Banned

Mastro's doesn't even give you a "preliminary" LOA, or what was once known as an "auction house" letter.

They don't give you anything for that 20 percent sucker's fee except to say "It's pre-certified" and all sales are final, so kiss our ***.

All this follows the well-documented FBI investigation of many auction houses about a year ago. Apparently, after talking to their lawyers, this is what they've come up with. I have no personal knowledge, I make no guarantees or assurances about what I just said, it's just my opinion and if you don't like it, auction houses, too God D*mn bad. (sound familiar?)