Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT - Spring Training - CACTUS LEAGUE

Hey all -

I just bought my airfare for my Annual Spring Training trip to AZ. (Thank God for an understanding wife who allows this every year...)

Anyway, I will be leaving Denver the evening of Wed Mar 18th - returning the evening of Tues Mar 24th.

My 1st game will be A's @ Rangers on Thurs the 19th in Surprise... really hoping to get my Holliday stuff squared away that day - and possibly my Hamilton book.

Beyond that, I am still plotting out my week.

Anyone else that will be there that week - or that lives in the area - that wants to meet up, drop me a line - xpress34@comcast.net

All the best -

Chris

Re: OT - Spring Training - CACTUS LEAGUE

I guess I should add - it doesn't hurt that my family (3 borthers and my Mom) are all in Surprise and Tucson...

My main priorities this Spring are Holliday, Hamilton and Nolan Ryan.

I am taking my son out there during that week as well. We will be catching the Brewers and D-Backs in Tuscon on the 18th (the only game I already have tickets for) and will likely catch some games in Maryvale, etc too. We may more likely just stick around down in Tuscon though since that's where we will be based.

We will be there the 15th through the 20th so there will be a couple of overlap days anyway. Maybe we can catch a hot dog at a game or something.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    I am taking my son out there during that week as well. We will be catching the Brewers and D-Backs in Tuscon on the 18th (the only game I already have tickets for) and will likely catch some games in Maryvale, etc too. We may more likely just stick around down in Tuscon though since that's where we will be based.

We will be there the 15th through the 20th so there will be a couple of overlap days anyway. Maybe we can catch a hot dog at a game or something.
    Scott -

I will probably be coming down to Tucson for the Rangers @ Rockies at Hi Corbett on Friday the 20th then back to Surprise for the Rox @ Rangers at Surprise on Sat the 21st.

I know all of the ins and outs at Hi-Corbett if you guys want to do a full day of Autograph chasing and such. Just drop me an eMail and let me know.

- Chris

Cool, thanks.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Hey all -

I just bought my airfare for my Annual Spring Training trip to AZ. (Thank God for an understanding wife who allows this every year...)

Anyway, I will be leaving Denver the evening of Wed Mar 18th - returning the evening of Tues Mar 24th.

My 1st game will be A's @ Rangers on Thurs the 19th in Surprise... really hoping to get my Holliday stuff squared away that day - and possibly my Hamilton book.

Beyond that, I am still plotting out my week.

Anyone else that will be there that week - or that lives in the area - that wants to meet up, drop me a line - xpress34@comcast.net

All the best -

Chris
    hey Chris I will be up in Surprise for that game. My advice get there EARLY. the practice fields open up at 10AM for the Rangers and if you want to get Ryan you only shot is out there. He will usually sit in his golf cart and sign one autograph for everyone in line once he is done for the day. Josh Hamilton is a great signed and you should have no problems getting whatever it is you want to get signed. Matt Holliday is another story it has been difficult thus far to get him.

Banned

I am going to be out there end of March. Any advice on how to get a picture taken with a player? I want to try and get a picture with Byrnesie. I had a chance when he was at a rehab game last year in San Jose but the idiot that I asked to take my picture, only half a**tried and the picture never took. So I want another shot at a picture with Byrnesie.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    hey Chris I will be up in Surprise for that game. My advice get there EARLY. the practice fields open up at 10AM for the Rangers and if you want to get Ryan you only shot is out there. He will usually sit in his golf cart and sign one autograph for everyone in line once he is done for the day. Josh Hamilton is a great signed and you should have no problems getting whatever it is you want to get signed. Matt Holliday is another story it has been difficult thus far to get him.
    A's -

I've been to Surprise many times. I know most of the ins and outs of getting auto's there as well... send me an IM or an eMail - xpress34@comcast.net - I have a question or two for you as well as some info you might like to know...

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    I am going to be out there end of March. Any advice on how to get a picture taken with a player? I want to try and get a picture with Byrnesie. I had a chance when he was at a rehab game last year in San Jose but the idiot that I asked to take my picture, only half a**tried and the picture never took. So I want another shot at a picture with Byrnesie.

The best advice I can give is try to buddy up with someone getting autos and when you get near your guy ask if they'll take your photo...

- Chris

Would anybody be interested in trying to grab me some Tulo gear if possible? if so drop me an email at TOYOTATruck07@gmail.com