Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Lets see your Albert Pujols game used items!

WOW...Those Pujols jerseys are sweet! Rick, that rookie era Pujols LVS bat from Larussa is a gem!

Thank you for posting and sharing.

Regards,
    Bobby

Banned

I posted this in the February pick ups as well. Just got this '02 LVS, I sold my '03 "hit streak" bat. Any of you Pujols collectors seen one of his gammers with this much tar? Concerns me a little since most of his bats have light to medium tar.

Nick, the tar pattern on that bat looks to be that of Tino Martinez or Mike Matheny. Jeff Scott or Bert Magladry can probably chime in with some pics.

That bat was definitely used by someone else. Way too much tar on the handle and center brand , that's not saying Albert used it to begin with.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

I posted this in the February pick ups as well. Just got this '02 LVS, I sold my '03 "hit streak" bat. Any of you Pujols collectors seen one of his gammers with this much tar? Concerns me a little since most of his bats have light to medium tar.
    Most likely used by Tino Martinez... I have a similar Pujols bat photomatched to being used by Tino
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Banned

Bummer, that's what I was afraid of, thanks guys. The bat came with a PSA letter from Taube stating he believed it was used by Albert and was an outstanding example of a Pujols gammer. Not sure how that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Bummer, that's what I was afraid of, thanks guys. The bat came with a PSA letter from Taube stating he believed it was used by Albert and was an outstanding example of a Pujols gammer. Not sure how that happens.
    How that happens is I think Taube seems to be rubber stamping his LOA's at least that is what I've noticed in the last couple of years of Pujols LOA's I've seen. The language in a lot of them is identical almost like cut and paste work. And his grading has seemed to be very "generous" and sometimes erradic in my opinion.

Here is an example of Pujols' tar patterns. He has been very consistent throughout the years. Early not so much tar. Caked it on in late 08 (my bat is an early one) and all of 09. Then when back to a lighter dose in 10/11. Also, he has always used the caramel colored tar and not the reddish stuff you see a lot of on Martinez, Matheny and also Beltran and Freese bats. These in order are 01,02,05,07,08,09,10 and two 11 playoff bats. Still looking for nice 03,04, and 06. Note, the 05 is a Raul Gonzalez model he used with a team letter and 5 on the ends. Taube should've known better on his letter to Nick. He has handled literally hundreds of Pujols' gamers.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

wow onlyalbert that is a quite impressive collections of bats

Banned

Great collection Jason, I didn't realize you were up to that many gammers.