Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Wood bats VS. Aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize this was national news. A kid from my school was the one who hit him... He (Obviously) feels really bad about it.

Spartakid,

Can you give us any more information about the incident? Every article we have seen keeps going back and forth between the batter using an aluminum or a composite bat. Each article never really says. Plus, I must ask, do you know what brand bat he was using?
    Brian Hillerich

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Spartakid,

Can you give us any more information about the incident? Every article we have seen keeps going back and forth between the batter using an aluminum or a composite bat. Each article never really says. Plus, I must ask, do you know what brand bat he was using?
    I also live near where this happened. I am pretty sure, but not 100% sure that he was using a composite demarini

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Spartakid,

I don't know a ton, I've just heard him and some other people talking about it. I'm not mistaken, I believe they said it was a white Stealth. Not sure if that tells you whether or not it's a composite, I don't know a ton about bats like this.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Sounds like it was a composite, each story I've read so far keeps switching from aluminum to composite. Thanks for the information; ever since the Montana ruling I've been pretty "gun-shy" every time I hear of an accident.

Any updates so far on his condition?
    Brian Hillerich

here another news update with video.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/22860726/detail.html

they show a coach talking about a bat but its a demarini bat he is showing in the video.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.