Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What's a new collector to do?

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKADixie View Post
    You call them "the real USC", I call them "SCU" so as not to be confused with a real athletic program. Some of the not so nice guys call them USuC, Shamecocks, Lamecocks, Blamecocks, etc. In all seriousness, the name "the real USC" is an absolute joke anywhwere outside the state of South Carolina. In 49 out of 50 states, USC means Southern Cal.

Oh yeah, GO TIGERS!

Hey, way to be nice/polite. "a real athletic program"? "an absolute joke anywhere outside the state of South Carolina"?

He didnt ask for your crappy opinion about what USC meant. He was simply asking how a new collector like himself can continue to collect and not give it up.

Its comments like this that make we wonder how some people are even aloud to post their comments on here. Ohhh, wait a minute....

Lets not scare him off, mmmmk?

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Hey, way to be nice/polite. "a real athletic program"? "an absolute joke anywhere outside the state of South Carolina"?

He didnt ask for your crappy opinion about what USC meant. He was simply asking how a new collector like himself can continue to collect and not give it up.

Its comments like this that make we wonder how some people are even aloud to post their comments on here. Ohhh, wait a minute....

Lets not scare him off, mmmmk?
    He's a Georgia grad anyway, so I doubt he cares a whole lot about SCU or their athletic program. If he wants to take shots at Clemson as a Bulldog, he has every right to do so as they have absolutely owned us for the last 20 years. Rarely does a Tiger pass up the chance to take at SCU, regardless of the situation.

To his original post, which I obviously neglected to respond to, collect what makes you happy. I understand it's hard to colect a lot in a confined space but you can do alot with framed signed card collages (they sell frames at most stores like Michael's or Hoby Lobby). If you find it hard to trust anyone else, use your wife's prowess in obtaining in-person sigs and use the hobby resources on the net to start obtaining autographs through the mail.
    You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

I overlooked that TAFKAdixie is a Clemson man, so no problem. All three of our baseball programs ( including UGA) are outstanding, so we have that in common. Clemson was in the College World Series with South Carolina in 2002, and UGA finished # 4 nationally in 2004 right behind South Carolina, and #2 last year. When I have time, it might be interesting to start a thread about the college baseball memorabilia we've picked up.