Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Ankiel ebay bat

Ankiel ebay bat

I love how the bat broke, and the wood chipped right off where the name is on the barrell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rick-Ankiel-Sign...QQcmdZViewItem
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Re: Ankiel ebay bat

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    I love how the bat broke, and the wood chipped right off where the name is on the barrell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rick-Ankiel-Sign...QQcmdZViewItem

Does seem odd. It doesn't look like it has a model number after Genuine and I believe it says Louisville Slugger where the team name would be (like a minor league bat). All his bats used in the minors I have or seen have all had St Louis Cardinals on them. He did wear 18 here in Springfield.

Re: Ankiel ebay bat

I was just going to give some insite on this. While I was a bat boy for the Memphis Redbirds some players would use bats in BP and for some reason would chip off the name on purpose. I know Bo Hart would do that to some of his bats if he had gotten them from another player. I have a feeling that this is one of those types of bats. I also know that during 2 of Rick's 3 stints with the redbirds I was a bat boy and he did not do this to his bats. Im not going to say he didn't use it, it might have just been coincidence that it broke this way but players do do this to BP bats sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Andrew