Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Question

Paypal Question

I received a broken item that I purchased on ebay. Not a game used iem. It arrived broken. Seller states tuff $hit, I should have bought insurance. I state that he did not offer insurance. It was not an option. I filed a paypal claim. Can I just call my credit card company and tell them to reverse the payment and not mess with Paypal?

What are my options?

Thanks,

Glen

Re: Paypal Question

file with paypal and your credit card company. Chances are you will go 1 for 2 and end up with a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoglen View Post
    I received a broken item that I purchased on ebay. Not a game used iem. It arrived broken. Seller states tuff $hit, I should have bought insurance. I state that he did not offer insurance. It was not an option. I filed a paypal claim. Can I just call my credit card company and tell them to reverse the payment and not mess with Paypal?

What are my options?

Thanks,

Glen
    Be careful cause that same thing happened to me and I just called the credit card company, they refunded me my money from PayPal but then PayPal ended up siding with the seller, then I owed PayPal the money. Go through PayPal first. State your problem and provide documentation to back you up. Hope it goes in your favor.

What are my options?

Thanks,

Glen
    I think all purchases through Paypal is covered under the buyer protection program. So, You will get your funds back. Do you still have the Negro League Uniform ? I have a pair of socks if you do. Lmk. Roger
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Since we have already escalated this thing. Do I have to eat another $20 bucks sending it back to him or just file with my credit card company now? I can't see wasting more cash on this.

Just wait it out. It won't take long .
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

I just filed a claim with my card. They said no problem they will dispute and charge him back. I hated giving the guy a negative but they left me no choice. I even offered to split it but he stated no way. Now he will get nothing and a negative. I told my credit card company I might do a claim for 50% to be fair. They stated I could do what I wanted.

Here is the positive feedback he just left me. It must kill him not to be able to neg. me back.

"he thinks you are responsible for the shipper if it arrives damaged don't sell"

Since we have already escalated this thing. Do I have to eat another $20 bucks sending it back to him or just file with my credit card company now? I can't see wasting more cash on this.
    Glen,

In all of the transactions I have been involved in similar to yours (item arrived broken, wrong item, etc.), I was asked by my credit card company to send the item back and provide them the proof that I did (tracking #). If the seller claims that you kept the item in the end, you likely will not get your refund.

Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Here is the positive feedback he just left me. It must kill him not to be able to neg. me back.

"he thinks you are responsible for the shipper if it arrives damaged don't sell"
    Insurance is for the seller. So it's tough sh*t for him. You didn't buy a broken item, but that's what you got. Item not as described.

Seller should have insured it. That's what I do unless I'm willing to eat the loss. Pretty much anything over $50 I insure.