Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mannequins

Mannequins

Wondering here if anybody has used Robert Ham for mannequin torsos yet?? I'm going to call and get a price on Monday (only weekdays they have customer service). They are very attractive, and not bad price-wise. Problem may be shipping that could make it astronomical.

One intriguing thing here people do not think about is chest size and whether the jersey you are to display is a pull over or button-up. This was not an issue on the tfig mannequins because the chest size was smaller and accomodated pretty much anything. Some of the nice cloth mannequins being sold on ebay can be had for $50-60 shipped, but try an put a pull over on a 42"+ chest, especially when the jersey you are squeezing over it is $1500+. Surprisingly as big as Dave Kingman was, he was a slender guy and never wore above a 48 and mostly a 46 during his career. Several teams he was with employed pullovers as jerseys... Something to think about.

Just wondered if anyone used the Robert Ham's?

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Re: Mannequins

Not sure what Hams may sell, but wanted to post images about a very inexpensive option to hang your jerseys. I bought a wall hanging display form here in Vancouver from a retail supply store, that is molded, light weight plastic (hollow backed) and used it to hang my jersey. I had it placed it inside a frame, but you could just hang the form as is on the wall. They came in white, clear and black.

Best part - it cost $7.45 (Canadian..that is like $6 US)! Not sure if the company will ship, but if you wanted to ask...here's their web site :

http://www.eddies.com/t_prod_detail/18/155710/1/10.html

Just saw on line that they have that sits on a counter top. that would be great fro table/shelf displays. Its only $12.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

i just ordered three on ebay for about 50 a piece. nice wooden bases with white mannequins. stand about 5' off the ground
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Can you provide a link so I can see what you bought?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Can you provide a link so I can see what you bought?
    Amazing how life-like some of these Mannequins are. I was at the Ed Hardy grand opening last night in Georgetown and had to photograph this mannequin.

Somebody ought to become a MLB licensee and start making these to look like players. Only have to make the face look right.

Name:  IMG_3242.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  56.6 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Amazing how life-like some of these Mannequins are. I was at the Ed Hardy grand opening last night in Georgetown and had to photograph this mannequin.

Somebody ought to become a MLB licensee and start making these to look like players. Only have to make the face look right.

Attachment 22005
    I agree. Somebody could make a fortune. I just found a couple of ebay sellers that have what appears to be the wood base mannequins I've been looking for. They will look great adorning my Kingman's, Thome's, Dunn's (Andrew), and McGwire's (Rob).

Subliminal message. Read over and over.
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    i just ordered three on ebay for about 50 a piece. nice wooden bases with white mannequins. stand about 5' off the ground
    For what. Fnazxc?

Target practice?

i bought from this guy.
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
    you know squeez i listened to you and started feeling bad for killing things.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    i bought from this guy.
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
    you know squeez i listened to you and started feeling bad for killing things.

those look nice but wish it didn't have that knob sticking out on the top

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    those look nice but wish it didn't have that knob sticking out on the top
    Hang a game used hat on it...
    ROBERT KOPPEL