Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: Fred Lynn Red Sox Jersey - Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 1986&2004Bosox View Post
    King I have been in the hobby 20 plus years.
    cool, thanks. what about my other question..are you the seller of the '77 lynn shown in this thread?

fyi, from what i've heard the FBI interests at the national focused on shill bidding and card doctoring.

thanks,

rudy.

People who got busted for selling bogus stuff Broadway Rick, MLB umpires.
    Speaking of evidence or proof, show me one shread of evidence that Broadway Rick was "busted for selling bogus stuff." The only umpire (singular) I heard of getting busted for selling bogus stuff was Al Clark (who are the others?)...Where is this proof?

People who got busted for selling bogus stuff Broadway Rick, MLB umpires.
    broadway rick? rick was "busted" by ebay for shill bidding. he wasn't "busted for selling bogus stuff", and he didn't "spend time behind bars (unless there's some virtual ebay jail). in fact, ebay allowed him to continue doing business. he's still selling there to this day.

not sure why you used the plural for umpires. it was just al clark.

rudy.

another dealer busted

A memorabilia dealer who admitted selling jerseys and other items he falsely claimed were used by Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods and Shaquille O'Neal was sentenced Wednesday to a year and a day in prison on mail fraud and tax charges. Steve Ryan, 42, of Wheeling, admitted defrauding customers and understating his 1994 income by about $60,000.

Mr. Kohl was not just shill bidding check in with the BBB

Clark also involved this individual in his scam.

The memorabilia dealer, Richard Graessle Jr., 43, of Millburn, pleaded guilty to tax evasion for his role in the scheme, which operated from September 1995 to November 1998.

the BBB cannot sentence people to "spend time behind bars". you can't say rick kohl spent time behind bars and offer his BBB file as proof. and graessle went to prison for tax evasion. anyway, i had forgotten about good old steve ryan. northshore sports. good call. 2 people have indeed gone to prison for selling bogus stuff. ok that matter is put to rest.

now..again..for the 3rd time, are you the seller of the '77 lynn jersey shown in this thread and/or do you have any financial interest in it?

rudy.

I never said Kohl spent time behind bars, he got busted back in the 90ties for multiple things involved with sports business and disappeared from the scene for a while.

Greassel got busted for tax evasion but he marketed the items and profited from the ill gotten gains of bad items.

I am the Lynn seller.

I hate bad items most recent case in point 99 hoffman AS that gaynor just sold on ebay 1200.00 total fake AS patch was grey should of been white and I saw it to late called scott and emailed and he said he would fix it.

Hell I have uncovered more nice items than most. Just found a 56 jim ringo packers that was pounded and a very prominent board member is very happy with it.

If Mr. Lewis had proof about his statements then I would gladly except his position word of mouth is not enough for me. Evidence is needed

1986&2004Bosox,

Please email me right away.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Wouldn't the fact that McAuliffe sold tagged jerseys to the public be common knowledge among Red Sox collectors? Don't we have one Red Sox collector that can corroborate Lon and ironmanfan's statements?

I've seen the frameless tags for years and wondered if they were trimmed or just a variation. How could the fact that these jerseys are not the real deal be known by so few. If I had to choose sides on this I'd go with Lon's story since he's gotta pretty good reputation.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

karamaxjoe it is not common knowledge as there are numerous advance Red Sox collectors with borderless jersey in their collection with great provenance. This is a theory that is unsubstantied by than Mr. Lewis and not shared by any other expert thus far. It is not a topic that has ever been adressed by MEARS and with so much speculation from Mr. Lewis and his stance that there are no records for these orders because this was word of mouth thing and not advertised by McAuliffe; I would love to see an industry standard and an article posted on MEARS website regarding this topic.

Finally karamaxjoe taking someones story at face value weather it be a player, dealer or authentication company because they have a good rep is an irresponsible when the individual or company has no proof to back up their statements. It is about as irresponsible as Mr. Lewis making the statement in the first place without fact's to back it up.

All I have asked for from the out set is for Proof of which none has to this point been provided. If Mr. Lewis can provide more than his opinion then I will gladly say I am wrong.

Finally karamaxjoe taking someones story at face value weather it be a player, dealer or authentication company because they have a good rep is an irresponsible when the individual or company has no proof to back up their statements. It is about as irresponsible as Mr. Lewis making the statement in the first place without fact's to back it up.

All I have asked for from the out set is for Proof of which none has to this point been provided. If Mr. Lewis can provide more than his opinion then I will gladly say I am wrong.

I suggest you do some research to prove Lon's statement is inaccurate. All I know is Lon's reputation is pretty good on this forum and that's all I was saying. Plus Lon wasn't the ONLY forum member making the same statement. Prove them wrong and you can be a hero. Otherwise the damage has been done.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]