Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Mastro Sports Auctions

What is up with the future of Mastro Auctions?

I have heard so many rumors in the past two weeks I figured there would be some discussion about it, but I have seen nothing published. I don't want to post any rumors but has any news been published?

Re: Mastro Sports Auctions

don't keep us in suppense!

what are the rumers on the street trsent?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    don't keep us in suppense!

what are the rumers on the street trsent?
    I can't post rumors, but I have received about 3-4 phone calls in the past two weeks either asking me or telling me about huge changes in the works. I figured it would have been made public by now if true but I can't find anything anywhere online about it.

Maybe it was false speculation or wishful thinking?

Banned

Last week I was told the big announcement would be made last Monday, now I hear the big announcement will come out next Monday.

No one else has heard anything?

come on Joel, post some rumors. after all there just rumors until they are found to be true.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Looks like we have a new addition to the Game Used Sports Hall of Shame:

1. AMI
    2. Bricol
    3. Vintage
    4. Historic
    5. now Mastro...doesn't surprise me.

Should ebay be included for excessive costs, poor buisness practices, etc.?

Anyone know why Mears had so many of their jerseys in the last Mastro auction? Why not use their own auction site or just fire sale them from their For Sale section?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Anyone know why Mears had so many of their jerseys in the last Mastro auction? Why not use their own auction site or just fire sale them from their For Sale section?
    Did MEARS consign their jerseys to Mastro? Did MEARS publish them on their own web site? I never saw it, but that would catch me as odd since I though MEARS and Mastro were not working together since Mastro did not sign their auction house contract.

Could the jerseys have already been authenticated by MEARS and then consigned? I have no clue, but I didn't look at the last Mastro auction.

The rumors I have heard deal more with a reorganization of some nature in the Mastro family.

Did MEARS consign their jerseys to Mastro? Did MEARS publish them on their own web site? I never saw it, but that would catch me as odd since I though MEARS and Mastro were not working together since Mastro did not sign their auction house contract.
    Jerseys that I'd seen listed in the Mears For Sale section of their website were in the the last Mastro auction.

Check the category view below.

http://mastronet.com/index.cfm?Actio...ategory%20View

Banned

Here is the reply I received from Troy Kinunen of MEARS:

Joel,

Regarding the jerseys in Mastro Auctions, the majority of them were common jerseys that were purchased with the specific purpose of helping us build the MEARS database. We were looking for common jerseys that we could use to record tagging, patches, styles, etc. Once we had archived the data, we had very little need for them.

Back in June of 2008, Dave Bushing worked out deals with both Hunt Auctions and Mastro Net to auction the jerseys. At that time we did not have an auction house in formation. For whatever reason, Mastro Net chose not to sell them until this year. If they would have been in our possession during the past several months, we would have included them in the MEARSonlineauctions.

In addition, some of our other inventory was committed last year to both Grey Flannel and REA. These items were again committed before the formation of the MEARSonlineauctions.

With plans of moving into the new MEARS showroom and research center, it was thought best to "thin the heard". Even with the mass sales to other auction houses, MEARS is still in possession of nearly 1,000 unlisted game used bats, and 100's of game used jerseys that have not been offered publicly. These items will be offered for sale at our new showroom, MEARS For Sale, and MEARSonlineauctions.

Going forward, you will not be seeing MEARS owned items in other auction houses. MEARS items have done quite well in our own auctions, and those items will only be featured in MEARSonlineauctions.

Regards,

Troy R. Kinunen/MEARS