Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mastro Sports Auctions

http://www.auctionreport.com/

I guess Mastro is now Legenday Auctions?

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    http://www.auctionreport.com/

I guess Mastro is now Legenday Auctions?
    Very curious in that I'm sure that the new entity does not want to associate it itself with the Mastro name (hmmmmm...could there be further news down the road?).

Or maybe Mastro not wanting his name on the auction house after what it has turned into. It could have been who asked to have them make the change, plus didn't he sell it or somehow change something a while back as well?

"The completion of all outstanding Mastro Auctions business will be seamlessly facilitated, processed and completed through Legendary Auctions."

Does this mean my new Mastro won items from their last auction will have Legendary Auctions Paperwork? I'm glad they come with Mears docs as I haven't heard of this company before.

Does this mean my new Mastro won items from their last auction will have Legendary Auctions Paperwork?
    My item arrived today and there was no Legendary Auctions paperwork.

Hmmmmm........very interesting.

I find is peculiar that Bill Mastro "wants time off".....so much so his name is now off the company he sold. He loved his biz, was proud of what it grew into. I wonder who or what swayed him from the integrity based company it was into the mess that ultimately has now been the focus of an investigation by the FBI.

There is obviously something else behind all this.

There were obviously decisions made, IMO, that were compromises.....maybe to avoid further investigation....maybe to avoid arrests? Who knows.

Fraud is a tough thing to win in court. One thing is for sure.....The FBI had some serious "Issues" with the company.

Now......they're gone, and the three left to run "Legendary" are starting off by stating what Robert Edwards Auctions has lived off of...."No in house bidding, all about our customers".

It should have always been that way. Shame on whoever was responsible for the processes that took place in these criminally run operations.

I remember laughing out loud when I saw on AMI's site "Let's get back to the good old day of bidding...." and so on, referring to the fact you can no longer place a "Max" bid on their auction items. The FBI shut that crapola down.

They shut it down because the auction house was seeing the max bids on their system, and making the poor souls who placed them pay for it by bidding.....shill bidding....the item right up to that bid JUST BEFORE the max placed by an honest, yet naive bidder.

Pathetic.

there is no new entity per se. doug allen and crew just shut down one business and opened up another. "legendary" is doug allen's auction house. a leopard doesn't change its spots. it'll be the usual mastro hijinks as usual. same old, same old. just call it "mastro II: electric boogaloo".

of course, the big question is why. anyway, here's one of my favorite parts from their press release:

The principals employed by Legendary Auctions will put their own collecting interests aside and concentrate solely on providing opportunities for our customers,” said Allen. “There will be no mixing of business and pleasure at Legendary Auctions in terms of our own collecting pursuits. This will really be all about our customers.”

wait a minute wasn't mastro all about that? har har. "no no guys this one will really be about the customers..not like mastro". seriously though what an asinine thing to say. it's like Ford putting out a press release about their new lineup of cars saying "this time we decided to make them good!".

anyway mastro once posted on their website that they weren't dealers and they didn't sell stuff they owned. of course, they did exactly that. so now when doug says that there'll no mixing of business and pleasure in terms of their own collecting pursuits i'll assume that'll be exactly what'll be happening. anyone want to place any bets that "Legendary Auctions" will have a mysterious, unidentified authentication team just like mastro? what does this all really mean? simply that lou's paychecks will have a different name on them.

rudy.

hi guys,the way I understand it , these auction houses have been hosing us for years but god forbid you decide to bid and change your mind,they blackball you! yet,if your items sell but dont get paid for they dont give a crap! Robert Edwards,Mears and I think thats it! the others purposely mislead there stuff for higher sales. its BS.GAME USED UNIVERSE IS NEW AND I HOPE DOESNT FALL INTO THE BS GAME! Mastro just pulled a good old fashion FLIP!

I received an email last night with "the big news" -- I am assuming that everyone else here received the same note?
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I have to say I was impressed with how Mastro shipped the item. Jersey was folded in a sealed bag, and the box was filled with cardboard spacers so that the Mears letter couldn't shift or wrinkle.

Compare that to another auction house I won't mention by name. The item (8x the value of the one mentioned above) was stuffed in a priority mail size box and shipped just like that. No plastic bag or anything.