X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Mastro Sports Auctions

What is up with the future of Mastro Auctions?

I have heard so many rumors in the past two weeks I figured there would be some discussion about it, but I have seen nothing published. I don't want to post any rumors but has any news been published?
  • lund6771
    • Dec 2006

Re: Mastro Sports Auctions

don't keep us in suppense!

what are the rumers on the street trsent?

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by lund6771
      don't keep us in suppense!

what are the rumers on the street trsent?
      I can't post rumors, but I have received about 3-4 phone calls in the past two weeks either asking me or telling me about huge changes in the works. I figured it would have been made public by now if true but I can't find anything anywhere online about it.

Maybe it was false speculation or wishful thinking?

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Last week I was told the big announcement would be made last Monday, now I hear the big announcement will come out next Monday.

No one else has heard anything?

Comment

• b.heagy
          • May 2006

come on Joel, post some rumors. after all there just rumors until they are found to be true.
          Bill Heagy
          heagysports.com
          Go Phillies !

Comment

• encinorick
            • Nov 2005

Looks like we have a new addition to the Game Used Sports Hall of Shame:

1. AMI
            2. Bricol
            3. Vintage
            4. Historic
            5. now Mastro...doesn't surprise me.

Should ebay be included for excessive costs, poor buisness practices, etc.?

Comment

• otismalibu
              • Nov 2005

Anyone know why Mears had so many of their jerseys in the last Mastro auction? Why not use their own auction site or just fire sale them from their For Sale section?
              Greg
              DrJStuff.com

Comment

• trsent
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by otismalibu
                Anyone know why Mears had so many of their jerseys in the last Mastro auction? Why not use their own auction site or just fire sale them from their For Sale section?
                Did MEARS consign their jerseys to Mastro? Did MEARS publish them on their own web site? I never saw it, but that would catch me as odd since I though MEARS and Mastro were not working together since Mastro did not sign their auction house contract.

Could the jerseys have already been authenticated by MEARS and then consigned? I have no clue, but I didn't look at the last Mastro auction.

The rumors I have heard deal more with a reorganization of some nature in the Mastro family.

Comment

• otismalibu
                  • Nov 2005

Did MEARS consign their jerseys to Mastro? Did MEARS publish them on their own web site? I never saw it, but that would catch me as odd since I though MEARS and Mastro were not working together since Mastro did not sign their auction house contract.
                  Jerseys that I'd seen listed in the Mears For Sale section of their website were in the the last Mastro auction.

Check the category view below.

Greg
                  DrJStuff.com

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Here is the reply I received from Troy Kinunen of MEARS:

Joel,

Regarding the jerseys in Mastro Auctions, the majority of them were common jerseys that were purchased with the specific purpose of helping us build the MEARS database. We were looking for common jerseys that we could use to record tagging, patches, styles, etc. Once we had archived the data, we had very little need for them.

Back in June of 2008, Dave Bushing worked out deals with both Hunt Auctions and Mastro Net to auction the jerseys. At that time we did not have an auction house in formation. For whatever reason, Mastro Net chose not to sell them until this year. If they would have been in our possession during the past several months, we would have included them in the MEARSonlineauctions.

In addition, some of our other inventory was committed last year to both Grey Flannel and REA. These items were again committed before the formation of the MEARSonlineauctions.

With plans of moving into the new MEARS showroom and research center, it was thought best to "thin the heard". Even with the mass sales to other auction houses, MEARS is still in possession of nearly 1,000 unlisted game used bats, and 100's of game used jerseys that have not been offered publicly. These items will be offered for sale at our new showroom, MEARS For Sale, and MEARSonlineauctions.

Going forward, you will not be seeing MEARS owned items in other auction houses. MEARS items have done quite well in our own auctions, and those items will only be featured in MEARSonlineauctions.

Regards,

Troy R. Kinunen/MEARS

Comment

• lund6771
                      • Dec 2006

I guess Mastro is now Legenday Auctions?

Comment

• ironmanfan
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by lund6771
                        http://www.auctionreport.com/

I guess Mastro is now Legenday Auctions?
                        Very curious in that I'm sure that the new entity does not want to associate it itself with the Mastro name (hmmmmm...could there be further news down the road?).

Comment

• jppopma
                          • Mar 2006

Or maybe Mastro not wanting his name on the auction house after what it has turned into. It could have been who asked to have them make the change, plus didn't he sell it or somehow change something a while back as well?

Comment

• gingi79
                            • Aug 2007

"The completion of all outstanding Mastro Auctions business will be seamlessly facilitated, processed and completed through Legendary Auctions."

Does this mean my new Mastro won items from their last auction will have Legendary Auctions Paperwork? I'm glad they come with Mears docs as I haven't heard of this company before.
                            Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• otismalibu
                              • Nov 2005

Does this mean my new Mastro won items from their last auction will have Legendary Auctions Paperwork?
                              My item arrived today and there was no Legendary Auctions paperwork.
                              Greg
                              DrJStuff.com

Comment

Working...