Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any idea for discussion?

I need some idea for a discussion. Working overtime on the midnight shift at a county jail doesn't give you much to do . Any ideas?

Re: Any idea for discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    I need some idea for a discussion. Working overtime on the midnight shift at a county jail doesn't give you much to do . Any ideas?
    Oh man have I spent some midnights working at a county jail! Sooooooo glad that I got out of that business! 12 years was enough.

We could spend the evening talking about jail slang...flying a kite, beating the deuce, fifi...oh the good old days.

So.....how 'bout those Nationals!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Oh man have I spent some midnights working at a county jail! Sooooooo glad that I got out of that business! 12 years was enough.

We could spend the evening talking about jail slang...flying a kite, beating the deuce, fifi...oh the good old days.

So.....how 'bout those Nationals!
    Ah! You have been where I am. I enjoy it......for now. Been here for nearly 2 years. Where did you used to work? Love the jail slang! Did they used to make "hooch" then too?

Nationals? Hhmm! Don't they wear the navy and red uniforms and normally end up near the bottom of the NL East . Can't say much, i'm an Orioles fan .

Ah! You have been where I am. I enjoy it......for now. Been here for nearly 2 years. Where did you used to work? Love the jail slang! Did they used to make "hooch" then too?

Nationals? Hhmm! Don't they wear the navy and red uniforms and normally end up near the bottom of the NL East . Can't say much, i'm an Orioles fan .

I worked 2 years in Jersey and the rest of the time in Va. Yes, they made hooch. Up north, it was called hooch. Down south, they call it mash. Same rotting fruit with suger in a container under someone's bunk....same nasty smell. Start looking for it in June. They usually let it ferment for 6 months before Xmas.

and the Nats? They will be alot better this year....well, at least better than the NO's !

I worked 2 years in Jersey and the rest of the time in Va. Yes, they made hooch. Up north, it was called hooch. Down south, they call it mash. Same rotting fruit with suger in a container under someone's bunk....same nasty smell. Start looking for it in June. They usually let it ferment for 6 months before Xmas.

and the Nats? They will be alot better this year....well, at least better than the NO's !
    Ok, I work in Maryland. Hagerstown, MD to be exact. Since you lived or live in Virginia, didn't know if you knew where that was at. Yeah the hooch is a disgusting choice of beverage. Found plenty myself. Yet to run across any weapons yet. But minus the mental aspect of corrections, its not a hard job.

As for the O's, maybe once Angelos bites the dust, the team get get some decent players. I'm more of a football guy anyway. Bleed aqua and orange. Although if I root for any NFC team its the Giants!

Ok, I work in Maryland. Hagerstown, MD to be exact. Since you lived or live in Virginia, didn't know if you knew where that was at. Yeah the hooch is a disgusting choice of beverage. Found plenty myself. Yet to run across any weapons yet. But minus the mental aspect of corrections, its not a hard job.
    I found a few shanks over the years. My thing was drugs. I used to search the inmate mail and I nailed everything. I once got a felony conviction 16 months after the delivery. I got some DNA off the envelope where the guy licked it. Oh those were the days!

I found a few shanks over the years. My thing was drugs. I used to search the inmate mail and I nailed everything. I once got a felony conviction 16 months after the delivery. I got some DNA off the envelope where the guy licked it. Oh those were the days!
    Good stuff! I go through mail roughly once a week, plus when it gets sent back I go through the inmates mail who are on my crap list just to see if I can find anything to nail them on. Our biggest problem now is gangs. One of the largest gang sects was started in our jail. We are right at an intersection of I-70 and I-81. We get trash from Baltimore, D.C., and New York City. A New York City detective once said most of the trash he comes across in NYC gives him a Hagerstown address. How far outside of D.C. were you?

I'm in Richmond, 2 hours south of DC

Ok, I've been there before, not really sure what the crime rate is likedown there though

Have you thought about discussing politics? There really isn't much talk about politics on the internet; you can fill the void.

Other great, fun-filled discussion topics:
    why my friends are losing their jobs
    religion
    Yankees Suck!
    the best diet plan
    Cheez Whiz

Glad to be of help!
    Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com