Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adam Dunn Signing

For those interested, Jeff Rich will conduct another signing which will host Adam Dunn. He had him as a guest in 2008 which from what I hear was very successful. Dunn has never been a frequent show guy. Prices in my opinion are fine. I sent my bat in last time and it came back great. This time I'll send a helmet and hat.

Go to signingshotline.com and I believe the signing is in May!!

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Wink Re: Adam Dunn Signing

Dunn's 2-run homer was the difference today in Toronto as the USA beat Canada 6-4.

Dunn hit a bomb. It was ironic that he should have this success in a city where the GM ripped him for lack of work ethic and being one dimensional. Dunn was seen in the dugout in the later innings hiding in his cap because the game got close. People that don't care about an outcome do not do that. He took the place of another player who left...I hope at some point people realize what his capabilities are. For such a bad player - he made 2 great defensive plays in the OF earlier... And to think he took a $3MM paycut over 2 years. Would we see Manny do that???
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Re: Adam Dunn Signing

Nice Advertising
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Nice Advertising
    Not sure what you mean.
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Banned

We Nats fans are thrilled that he chose to play on our young ballclub. He'll make a huge (and he is a big fella) impact on the entire team. I'm looking forward to the '09 season!

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGM View Post
    We Nats fans are thrilled that he chose to play on our young ballclub. He'll make a huge (and he is a big fella) impact on the entire team. I'm looking forward to the '09 season!
    Strange year. Not really a collusion year in a manner of speaking as the Yankees spent like drunken sailors. However, many other clubs were restrictive with how they spent, and the market for OF's was dead. As Dunn put it, it was "Adam Luck," meaning it was just his luck the one year he becomes a free agent with a nice resume the market is supposedly saturated with suitors with his skills...

I'm not sure how AL clubs could not find a spot for 5 consequtive 40 homer seasons. The added flexibility of DH usage was another plus. However, all I ever heard was the knock on his defensive abilities. Hmmm. let's look at yesterday's win at USA vs. Canada. He had 2 defensive gems in the OF. His 2 run homer was the difference in the game. It's no secret that Adam wanted to play on a contender. LA and Chicago Cubs were his choices but they scoffed at his services. Nose was way up in the air. He decided to go with the ONLY club that paid any attention to him: Washington.

2 years. Just enough time for him to put up some hellatious numbers, so enjoy the ride Nats fans. You are the beneficiaries of somebody on a mission. Chances are if the market changes in 2 years he'll be on another club...

Speaking of people on a mission, IROD had one great showcase yesterday with PR in the WBC. Wake up MLB, the guy still has something in the tank. Don't tell me there is no market for at least a backup catcher who is not in it for the $$, but just wants to play...Can we say HOF? These stories happen all the time. Pride is a wonderful thing. Dunn should have a breakout after being jilted by everyone. IROD shuld sign somewhere and do well.

My guy - Kingman, rode the pine in 1983 with the Mets after they acquired Keith Hernandez. The Mets left him for garbage as they had a skilled defensive gold glover now at first who hot over .300. They made up for the power at Strawberry. No takers on Kingman with the big salary. So, they put him on waivers, and the only club to show interest was Oakland...who still did not "give" him a job. He had to earn one in spring training. I personally did not think that 84 spring was stellar, and remember thinking maybe it was over for the big guy. However, they signed him and he turned in .268, 35 HRS and 118 RBI. He was a one man wrecking crew all year...and extended his career 3 years.

Last year Dunn had the Toronto GM publicly say very negative things about Dunn that the Seattle GM had said about Kingman back in 83. Hal Keller (Seattle) said Kingman was a mistake hitter only. Kingman destroyed Seattle every time Oakland went into town. Kingman was on record with every homer as, "there's another mistake." I think Dunner deep down is resentful of the statements made in Toronto last year. He's a better ballplayer than that, and will prove it....................
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGM View Post
    I agree! Alfonso Soriano was great when he was here but it was just a 1 season cup of coffee. The Nats have Adam Dunn for 2 years and if all goes right---maybe much longer!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Strange year. Not really a collusion year in a manner of speaking as the Yankees spent like drunken sailors. However, many other clubs were restrictive with how they spent, and the market for OF's was dead. As Dunn put it, it was "Adam Luck," meaning it was just his luck the one year he becomes a free agent with a nice resume the market is supposedly saturated with suitors with his skills...

I'm not sure how AL clubs could not find a spot for 5 consequtive 40 homer seasons. The added flexibility of DH usage was another plus. However, all I ever heard was the knock on his defensive abilities. Hmmm. let's look at yesterday's win at USA vs. Canada. He had 2 defensive gems in the OF. His 2 run homer was the difference in the game. It's no secret that Adam wanted to play on a contender. LA and Chicago Cubs were his choices but they scoffed at his services. Nose was way up in the air. He decided to go with the ONLY club that paid any attention to him: Washington.

2 years. Just enough time for him to put up some hellatious numbers, so enjoy the ride Nats fans. You are the beneficiaries of somebody on a mission. Chances are if the market changes in 2 years he'll be on another club...

Speaking of people on a mission, IROD had one great showcase yesterday with PR in the WBC. Wake up MLB, the guy still has something in the tank. Don't tell me there is no market for at least a backup catcher who is not in it for the $$, but just wants to play...Can we say HOF? These stories happen all the time. Pride is a wonderful thing. Dunn should have a breakout after being jilted by everyone. IROD shuld sign somewhere and do well.

My guy - Kingman, rode the pine in 1983 with the Mets after they acquired Keith Hernandez. The Mets left him for garbage as they had a skilled defensive gold glover now at first who hot over .300. They made up for the power at Strawberry. No takers on Kingman with the big salary. So, they put him on waivers, and the only club to show interest was Oakland...who still did not "give" him a job. He had to earn one in spring training. I personally did not think that 84 spring was stellar, and remember thinking maybe it was over for the big guy. However, they signed him and he turned in .268, 35 HRS and 118 RBI. He was a one man wrecking crew all year...and extended his career 3 years.

Last year Dunn had the Toronto GM publicly say very negative things about Dunn that the Seattle GM had said about Kingman back in 83. Hal Keller (Seattle) said Kingman was a mistake hitter only. Kingman destroyed Seattle every time Oakland went into town. Kingman was on record with every homer as, "there's another mistake." I think Dunner deep down is resentful of the statements made in Toronto last year. He's a better ballplayer than that, and will prove it....................
    Wow !!!! You should ask him if you could be his new agent.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Wow !!!! You should ask him if you could be his new agent.
    Just telling it like it is. People get caught up in the Hollywood hype of Arod, Manny, etc. I'll never dispute what the numbers are, but I'll take the blue collar Thome's, Dunn's, Kong's any day. Put up the numbers and live in obscurity. I love it.

It's been nice to watch an unmotivated Dunn kick out 40 HR a year. Wonder what the motivated guy will do?

People can continue to chase the Arods and Mannys with the rah rah pennants. Maybe it will keep the spotlight off the people I collect.
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Just telling it like it is. People get caught up in the Hollywood hype of Arod, Manny, etc. I'll never dispute what the numbers are, but I'll take the blue collar Thome's, Dunn's, Kong's any day. Put up the numbers and live in obscurity. I love it.

It's been nice to watch an unmotivated Dunn kick out 40 HR a year. Wonder what the motivated guy will do?

People can continue to chase the Arods and Mannys with the rah rah pennants. Maybe it will keep the spotlight off the people I collect.
    I think Dunn is gonna be my player from the Nationals. Since I live so close. May even go after the Team USA jersey when it comes up.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net