Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stumbled Across HUGE San Antonio Spurs Lot

This weekend a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of an enormous San Antonio Spurs Lot, that consists of 50 pieces of Game Worn Warm-ups from multiple years. Quite a bit from last year. I haven't received it yet but think I got a steal on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180333746458

What I'm wanting to find out from the Basketball Collectors is a good place to get COA's from certain items in this lot. Does anyone know where I can send these to get them authenticated? Mears? Does Meigray do this type of work outside of their own collection?

Also for those who have had this type of work done, around how much is the cost for getting COA's for individual items?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

john_bevers@hotmail.com

Re: Stumbled Across HUGE San Antonio Spurs Lot

how do you know which items were worn by which players? do you have a photo match?

Banned

I am a big Spurs fan so I would be interested in what's in this lot?

But I am curious other than the seller claiming they are game used, what else makes you believe they are game used?
    I don't mean to seem, so glass half empty, but for all we know it could of been a few boxes of left over items from a sports store.

I am not a basketball game used expert so I am curious how a Game Used warm up would differentiate from a retail one?

in the auction photos you see the player's numbers written on the tagging, which I think is what they normally do for warmups and also with game shorts, right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    in the auction photos you see the player's numbers written on the tagging, which I think is what they normally do for warmups and also with game shorts, right?
    I understand that may be normal procedure to write the players name in marker on the warm up. But what proof that I or you didn't write those numbers on them???

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I understand that may be normal procedure to write the players name in marker on the warm up. But what proof that I or you didn't write those numbers on them???
    That's what I'm wanting to know, is who I can send them to and make sure they're legit? Will authenticators do this, will they photomatch them, or do I need to photomatch them before sending them off?

That's all I've gathered is just from what I've seen in the pictures. I've only seen the numbers written on the tags and what not. I won't know until the box arrives. Which is kind of scary now.

if it's scary why did you decide to bid on the auction then? didn't you ask the seller for more information to its provenance?

if it's scary why did you decide to bid on the auction then? didn't you ask the seller for more information to its provenance?
    I think the scary part is the doubt that has been planted in Titan's mind. No matter what, the lot can be broken apart and sold for at least what was paid. Seems you guys want to rain on dude's parade.
    For the record, I am not an expert and know nothing about uniforms from this century. I do not think it is possible or profitable for a third party to authenticate these items.
    Research the difference between retail models and gamers. A photo-match? Good luck with all that. I think a re-sell profit will happen; but it ain't a flipper's paradise. Try to find some contact info for the Spurs EM.

That would be why I didn't bid in (saw that auction when it went up w/ the Buy-it-now of $1500 or so)...

But, I agree you could probably make the money back without much problem... Even if they show up and are brand new or game issued, you'd still end up selling them for more than $500 total individually. At issue for me was also why the seller didn't just do that in the first place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I think the scary part is the doubt that has been planted in Titan's mind. No matter what, the lot can be broken apart and sold for at least what was paid. Seems you guys want to rain on dude's parade.
    For the record, I am not an expert and know nothing about uniforms from this century. I do not think it is possible or profitable for a third party to authenticate these items.
    Research the difference between retail models and gamers. A photo-match? Good luck with all that. I think a re-sell profit will happen; but it ain't a flipper's paradise. Try to find some contact info for the Spurs EM.
    I am not trying to rain on his parade. I am actually saying that since I am a Spurs fan I myself would be interested in purchasing some items from him. I was just curious to know though how he, you or anyone would know that they are legit? Is there a way to tell with out the obvious, Photomatches, Team LOA'S, Player LOA'S, etc....??