Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: How Bad Is Steiner Going To Get?

I dont see what the issue is?

I asked the seller to provide a photo of the LOA. I'm interested in the verbage(sp?) of it.

However, with Steiner's reputation, I would have a hard time thinking they would authenticate a bogus bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I dont see what the issue is?

The bat is taped up for bp use and has never had the tape removed this bat was never used in a game

How do you know he did not use it in a game and then switched it into a BP bat. And the seller is a forum member here.

players dont tape up bats so that they can use them just for bp. They use bats in games or in bp and tape them after they develop a crack so that they can continue to use them for bp. There's a difference. The bat has the correct uni number on the knob and I see nothing that indicates it isnt what the seller claims. Be careful what you claim isnt legit until you know all the details. Also, MLB considers anything used in bp to be game used, so for Steiner to say that, it isnt a stretch.

ryant - forgot to add this. I see that you have been here about a month. The seller, as was mentioned is a well known forum member here. You may want to sit back a while and soak in the atmosphere before making claims...

I'm just sayin'.....

The seller added the pics of the COA on the auction. Looks good to me. I think that just about wraps this one up.

just one more thing before you shun me a bat usually doesnt develop cracks on the barrel unless heavily used (hence bp time) i could see maybe used in a couple games but this bat has way more use than a gamer if the back of the barrel is cracked or as the players call it deadwood or flaking that is the reason for taping so that the bat can be used even more in bp and they do not have to get another bat out to use for bp and why does it matter if his uniform number is on it of course it would be its his bat he has his numbers on it so it is easily identifible for him and also it is a stretch for the mlb or steiner for that matter to say something is game used if it was used in bp i know a few players that had gloves specifically for bp that they would not use in a game so how could some items be sold as game used ? im not saying its not legit im just saying it looks like a bp bat and the steiner certificate is misleading that is all.

Ryan,

I think the point people were trying to make it that many players will use their older (sometimes with minor cracks) bats for BP. I'm not sure how many players do this compared to some that may have a special BP only bat. If this is the case, the fact that it was used for BP by the player after being game used previously should not deter from it. A similar arguement could be made for hand me down jerseys. If its worn by MLB player A and then minor leaguer B, C, and D....it is still a game used jersey by MLB player A regardless.

Hopefully you are not going to get shunned too bad, we all make mistakes.

John