Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: O/T What Else Does Everyone Collect?

Rob,

Do you have the Cole/Kling card yet? My father and I completed both the T201 and T205 sets several years ago. Cole/Kling was without a doubt the rarest card in the set. It often goes for 2-3 times what a common would sell for. Most who collect that set would agree, so I don't know why SCD and a few other publishers say Dougherty/Lord is.

Chris

I tried to collect gold coins at one point in my life.... I think I only managed to get 12-15 coins when I realized it was too expensive to collect heavily. They're locked up in my safe deposit box and I haven't seen them in a couple years. I just stick with baseball stuff now.

Nick

I used to be into WW2 items like helmets,etc. I still have acouple of helmets from other wars, some medals that my great-grand father recieved from his time in WW2 and some of his paper work.

I have collected in the past video games, Star Wars figures, sports cards, autographs, along with other things. I also go to baseball games and get bobblehead, stadium replicas, figurines, or other promotions. I have been starting to cut back lately on buying stuff; although, that may change when I attend the Orioles Fanfest soon.

Chris

ive been working on a 56 topps set for a few years now. have about six cards to go.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    Rob,

Do you have the Cole/Kling card yet? My father and I completed both the T201 and T205 sets several years ago. Cole/Kling was without a doubt the rarest card in the set. It often goes for 2-3 times what a common would sell for. Most who collect that set would agree, so I don't know why SCD and a few other publishers say Dougherty/Lord is.

Chris
    Chris, I do have the Cole/Kling card. You're right though, the Dougherty/Lord card was not hard to get. Believe it or not, the toughest card for me to finally get was the Lajoie/Falkenberg for some reason. Luckily, I'm just down to commons now as I have completed the HOF and alleged "tough" cards of the set.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
    I, unfortunately, still have not yet mastered the art of posting pics. I have been meaning to do so, but just never got around to it. Send me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics when I dig them out.
    http://www.imagehosting.com/
    choose file...upload file...cut&paste for forums

I collect action figures from my childhood, amoung other things.

Banned

ex-wives.

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    I also collect band memorabilia. I had a bigger Metallica and Godsmack collection, but most of my stuff now is from Staind or their singer Aaron Lewis, who now does his own solo touring. I have one of his used guitars with the case, one of his used hats, tons of used picks and drumsticks, stage setlists, passes, tour itinerary books, rare OOP CDs, signed photos and tour posters, and a load of other rare odds and ends.

Chris

Have alot in common with your taste of music. My brother is a HUGE Metallica collector. I have a little collection of coins with special interest in early gold. Have some action figues put away, Civil War items, Abe Lincoln items and some music memorabilia set aside as well. If it sparks some interest and I can appreciate the item and the history behind it I usually will try to add it to my collection. A little history leson for my kids when they get older.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGM View Post
    ex-wives.
    You won!

That has to be the most expensive hobby out there....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...