O/T What Else Does Everyone Collect?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob L
    • Nov 2005

Re: O/T What Else Does Everyone Collect?

Originally posted by staindsox
    Rob,

Do you have the Cole/Kling card yet? My father and I completed both the T201 and T205 sets several years ago. Cole/Kling was without a doubt the rarest card in the set. It often goes for 2-3 times what a common would sell for. Most who collect that set would agree, so I don't know why SCD and a few other publishers say Dougherty/Lord is.

Chris
    Chris, I do have the Cole/Kling card. You're right though, the Dougherty/Lord card was not hard to get. Believe it or not, the toughest card for me to finally get was the Lajoie/Falkenberg for some reason. Luckily, I'm just down to commons now as I have completed the HOF and alleged "tough" cards of the set.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Ozric
      I, unfortunately, still have not yet mastered the art of posting pics. I have been meaning to do so, but just never got around to it. Send me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics when I dig them out.
      Image Hosting at ImageHosting.com is the web's image sharing social network. Upload and share your images with friends and family.

choose file...upload file...cut&paste for forums

I collect action figures from my childhood, amoung other things.

Comment

• BaseballGM
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

ex-wives.

Comment

• b.heagy
          • May 2006

Originally posted by staindsox
          I also collect band memorabilia. I had a bigger Metallica and Godsmack collection, but most of my stuff now is from Staind or their singer Aaron Lewis, who now does his own solo touring. I have one of his used guitars with the case, one of his used hats, tons of used picks and drumsticks, stage setlists, passes, tour itinerary books, rare OOP CDs, signed photos and tour posters, and a load of other rare odds and ends.

Chris

Have alot in common with your taste of music. My brother is a HUGE Metallica collector. I have a little collection of coins with special interest in early gold. Have some action figues put away, Civil War items, Abe Lincoln items and some music memorabilia set aside as well. If it sparks some interest and I can appreciate the item and the history behind it I usually will try to add it to my collection. A little history leson for my kids when they get older.
          Bill Heagy
          heagysports.com
          Go Phillies !

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BaseballGM
            ex-wives.
            You won!

That has to be the most expensive hobby out there....
            Thank you,
            David

This is my email address here!
            dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Ozric
              • May 2007

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
              http://www.imagehosting.com/
              choose file...upload file...cut&paste for forums

I collect action figures from my childhood, amoung other things.

Thanks for the help on posting pics. Too funny about the 6 million dollar man stuff. I was at my parents house last week and my mom tossed me my old Steve Austin doll still in the box. It is well used but still has the rubber cover on the arm where you can pull his skin down to see his bionics. His arm won't lift the engine anymore though as the lever on the back does not work. Man, I used to love that thing...

Thanks again,

Tim

Comment

• athletics61
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by perlman9
                Hey Don
                I have some coins I got from my grandpa when I was a kid and know nothing about them. If I take some pics, do you think you can try to help me out? I know my grandpa loved coins and would love to know more about what they are!
                What are the coins your grandfather gave you? Dates, mintmarks, and condition are key.

I could give you pretty good assessment.

Don
                dthedos@columbus.rr.com

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                  • Jun 2008

I collect Tattoos, I don't know if you can collect them apposing to having them but I have about 15 or so...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• gingi79
                    • Aug 2007

I am trying to recapture my youth so in the past 15 years, I have gotten my fair share of G.I. Joe's, Transformers, etc. My favorite item is a mint condition George Carlin figure from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure which epitomizes the 80's to me and Carlin is my hero.

I also collected Dale Jr Die Cast and I own his most valuable cars (although that's all relative as they plummeted in the economy)
                    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• woody1351
                      • Dec 2008

i collect race stuff, nascar, nhra, indy car, WoO, and usac. i also collect old car signs. heres a pic of a rear wing off aj foyts car thats all i have on my comp right now. i took it to daytona with me last year and he was suppoed to sign autographs but he didnt show up with mario andretti.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Capital-Sports
                        • Jan 2009

JETERSBATBOY

Nice ink.....I have 4 I got while in the Marine Corps. Id be interested in seeing some more pics if you dont mind. Im looking to get a few more in the future. I prefer to keep them from being seen, but they stick out on my left arm unless I wear a long sleeve shirt, but theres alot of pride in them from my time in the corps.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Capital-Sports
                          JETERSBATBOY

Nice ink.....I have 4 I got while in the Marine Corps. Id be interested in seeing some more pics if you dont mind. Im looking to get a few more in the future. I prefer to keep them from being seen, but they stick out on my left arm unless I wear a long sleeve shirt, but theres alot of pride in them from my time in the corps.
                          Thanks, I try to get some up later. Ill need some help from my wife to take a picture or two, and a couple tattoo's are to ugly to post and one is in a spot that should not been seem by other's(YOUNG AND STUPID!!!!!)

Comment

• chakes89
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
                            You won!

That has to be the most expensive hobby out there....

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• Masimen
                              • Jun 2008

I have spent the last 20 years in the concert touring industry. I have been able to amass quite a collection of concert memorabilia, picks, sticks, passes, posters, guitars etc. Not something I actively collect. The stuff just seems to pile up and it has sentimental value, so I hold onto it. My collecting passion is Yankee game used bats, but the other stuff is still very cool

Comment

• mariner_gamers
                                • May 2008

Star Wars, video game systems Atari etc, full size arcade games/pinballs, autographs of famous folks outside of sports and graphs of friends/family at special events in my life. 35 family members went to Maui in 1999 and we had hats made. I got mine signed by everyone there. Ten years later 3 folks on the hat are no longer with us and it means more to me than any other signed item I own. Skateboard decks, vintage beer memorabilia, 45 records.....I think that about covers it........
                                Davis Emburey
                                demburey@netzero.net
                                Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Comment

Working...